There are NO legal led direct replacement bulbs!

There is an error in Excel called Circ-redun

"There are a couple of important differences. One difference is that an FAA-PMA part carries a requirement for the PMA holder to document to the FAA where this part can be used on the aircraft, engine, or propeller. The PMA holder must also include this information on the PMA supplement letter and parts packaging. This information is referred to as the part’s “eligibility.”

With a TSO part, the installer makes the decision on where the part is used. Another thing that is different between a PMA part and a TSO part is the nature of their approval. A PMA holder must demonstrate to the FAA that the part that is being produced is equal to or better than the original (OEM) part it replaces. In contrast, a TSO-produced part must only meet minimum prescribed FAA-mandated standards or requirements."

http://www.alliance-aerospace.com/faq

As a owner as the logic follows from the first post we must make sure there is FAA data before installing something on our certified plane.  No data no can be installed.  We are finding out that the tungsten bulbs have no FAA data

Edited by Yetti
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I can't imagine anyone would give you grief for using these. It says that they only work on metal stems. Our tubes have rubber stems. They are probably using the stem as part of the antenna system. I believe these work on the LF RFID frequency.

21 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I can't imagine anyone would give you grief for using these. It says that they only work on metal stems. Our tubes have rubber stems. They are probably using the stem as part of the antenna system. I believe these work on the LF RFID frequency.

Lots of Cirrus owners tried them, and took them off. They don't work reliably, and worse, have been known to deflate the tire. 

• Like 1

On January 14, 2016 at 10:06 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

How can a valve cap deflate a tire?

The valve cap cannot read tire pressure unless it has access to the air inside the tire. It does this by depressing the schrader valve in the valve stem. Then, the Chinese rubber seal in the transmitter leaks, and voila, you have a nice flat upon landing that ruins your fairing, tire, and wheel, and wallet.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, philiplane said:

The valve cap cannot read tire pressure unless it has access to the air inside the tire. It does this by depressing the schrader valve in the valve stem. Then, the Chinese rubber seal in the transmitter leaks, and voila, you have a nice flat upon landing that ruins your fairing, tire, and wheel, and wallet.

Yea, I figured that out right after I wrote that post. I wouldn't use them.

i have used the preflight, look at tire method for 35 years. It seems to work fine.

On January 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM, carusoam said:

Get the airstop tubes. Seriously minimizes the number of times you will check the air pressure.  and they are FAA compliant and last a long time.

Best regards,

-a-

I can second this. They really work.