What's your Useful Load?

I just moved my Flight Manual into a 1/2 inch binder and was curious what everyone's useful load is on their bird?  I did a lot of removing of avionics (older Loran/ADF and Indicators) and am currently at 935.94 pounds.  With 30 gallons of fuel (two hours and healthy reserve I can load just over 750 pounds of people and stuff...Curious how this compares with other Vintage Mooney's

1966 M0E USEFUL LOAD@Gross 935.94

M20J 205: 890 lbs, but without gross weight increase. With the increase it goes up to 1.050lbs. Then it is a almost 4 people aircraft with full fuel.

Edit: Just saw you are looking for values from vintage Mooneys

Only 990 # with a light Sky -Tec starter in a 1994 MSE.

Per the Lycoming and Sky- Tec guys at Sun & Fun this is the newest one out, and the one you want, Parker. Spruce had the best price, and Don's guys installed it quickly. About an 8 # savings.

SKY-TEC SUPERDUTY
24V/EC STARTERS

A 24 volt (only) version of the #1 selling High-Torque Inline NL Model Lycoming starter delivering all the benefits of the original plus a duty cycle for even the most abusive 24 volt aircraft and environments.

Recommended for 24V Navajo's w/ -D(ual mag) engines, flight schools and air carriers with abusive quick turn hot starts.

Glad all are giving feedback regardless of model year.  Jose, looks like your 900-1,000 is right on target.  I didn't know the M20A had such a high gross weight!  Having over 1,000 pounds is really nice capability.  I was shocked when oggling the Mooney PFM Rocket conversions to learn that their useful load is only about 650lbs!  Anyone know why?  Is this because of the lighter Porsche 3.2 litre engine being replaced and the lower certificated weight?  Any beef-up of the gear in later Ovation's or just a paperwork deal and later certificate with increased gross on Ovations?  I just find that PFM conversion beautiful...Any F's and G's  and K's out there?  What are your Useful Load's as equipped?

1980 M20J-> 935lbs.  I'm probably due for a new W&B now, though, after the paint, interior and instruments.  Yeah...it *should* be 935 according to the paperwork, but after 30 years perhaps she's lost a couple lbs!

My plane has an 883 lb. useful load. I think you'll find the airplanes got heavier (useful load went down) from 1980 - 1988. I believe the SN's that are eligible for the gross weight increase mod came out in 1988 or 1989.

Just curious - anyone had a current W&B done on a 25-30 year old plane that has been upgraded over the years and found a major discrepancy from the current W&B docs ?

My 262 comes in at 892 lbs of useful load.

My problem is the forward CG.  I thought Mooney's were pretty much immune to CG issues, unlike Bo's, but I have to watch the forward CG with two adults in front.  I am currently carrying a 60 lbs sand bag plus other junk at the back of the cargo compartment to stay within the forward limit.  I need to find out about installing the 19lb ballast in the tail.

Not sure that any of the previous owner really worried about it, but my Mooney instructor is a real stickler for the operating limits and he had the same problem with his 252/Rocket.  I want to rework through all the equipment lists and double check the accounting of the 28 previous years of changes.

I have been told to never have an old airplane re-weighed, you want like the result.

My 1979 231 has a useful load of 907.35 lbs.  Had the mooney weighed and the W&B done at the last annual.  The load limit is starting to be a concern, both children are growing fast.   I can only off load so much fuel and remain practical.  If I can hold out four more years they will both be off to college and then the spouse can take a second pair of shoes. 

Alan and other K owners....you might consider the latest MT prop, especially if you have a metal 3-blade installed currently.  The complete kit with spinner weighs in around 46 lbs, vs 49 + spinner for 2-blade McCauleys like mine, or ~75 for the 3-bladers.  Losing all that weight on the nose will help tremendously with forward CG limits and useful load since you can also remove some of the aft ballast.

My 68C haas a useful load of 1017.86 pounds. Lightweight starter and a very light avionics package. All unused antennas and associated wiring/coax have been removed. My weight was determined with scales as opposed to calculations. When was the last time your aircraft was actually weighed? We used to have to weigh our planes once a year when I worked for Skywest.