R U SERIOUS?

I can't stand sitting on the sidelines for the Chinese Mooney purchase....

Really? There are thousands of Mooney airframes in the U.S. Why should I as a vintage Mooney owner get excited about a Chinese purchase of a Texas U.S of A airframe.....?.......

Come on, vintage airframe owners are not the focus of the Chinese Mooney. I don't aspire to a diesel/turbine Mooney....I have all the parts I need from the fleet in the U.S. via salvage.

This purchase does NOTHING for me and just shows that GA in the US is in decline. If it were not, a US investor would purchase Mooney and be profitable.

We legacy Mooney owners have a solid well built airframe. Parts are there through thousands of birds that are in the US fleet. Mooney purchased by China....Great news for legacy owners why? They are not making vintage Mooney's....Get real. It is all about avionics upgrades.

We already have a great plane for our mission. All the hype is just that. Who cares? Get excited about the Chinese purchasing an American brand...I say spend your American money on the Mooney pit.....

If I bend an elevator...I can get a replacement from the existing fleet. The yawn factor is 10 here....

As a vintage owner I could care less about this purchase and just shake my head at the decision to make only long body Mooney's....Whatever.

• Like 1

Well....It looks like they're going to still be built in Kerrville, so that is good in general.  Parts from the factory, while technically still available, take a long time now, so will probably be quicker once the factory is back running (Although like you said, you can get salvage for yours).

Besides, building new Mooneys means more Mooneys, and that is something to get excited about.  Right?  Right!

• Like 2

I believe that this is an announcement about an investment in Mooney. I don't believe the company has been sold.  From my understanding, the company needed capital to begin producing again. Mooney will be marketing the Ovation and Acclaim in China.

Production is going to remain in Kerrville, which I believe is good news for us vintage owners.  If the machines are up and running, then we will have better access to parts.  Perhaps the MSC at Mooney will re-open again.  Perhaps they will start refurbing older birds.

I, for one, don't care where the airplanes are sold.  I am just happy that our workers, or at least 100 of them, can get back to the factory.

• Like 4

Yea I wouldn't get too worked up over this Scott. Foreign investors will be knocking on the doors of this country for a long time. Get used to it. Anheuser-Busch was bought by foreigners and I revolted. I said I'd never drink their crap! It's un-American!!!

But I have to admit. My Bud tastes pretty damn good right now.

Cheers!

I can't stand sitting on the sidelines for the Chinese Mooney purchase....

Really? There are thousands of Mooney airframes in the U.S. Why should I as a vintage Mooney owner get excited about a Chinese purchase of a Texas U.S of A airframe.....?.......

Come on, vintage airframe owners are not the focus of the Chinese Mooney. I don't aspire to a diesel/turbine Mooney....I have all the parts I need from the fleet in the U.S. via salvage.

This purchase does NOTHING for me and just shows that GA in the US is in decline. If it were not, a US investor would purchase Mooney and be profitable.

We legacy Mooney owners have a solid well built airframe. Parts are there through thousands of birds that are in the US fleet. Mooney purchased by China....Great news for legacy owners why? They are not making vintage Mooney's....Get real. It is all about avionics upgrades.

We already have a great plane for our mission. All the hype is just that. Who cares? Get excited about the Chinese purchasing an American brand...I say spend your American money on the Mooney pit.....

If I bend an elevator...I can get a replacement from the existing fleet. The yawn factor is 10 here....

As a vintage owner I could care less about this purchase and just shake my head at the decision to make only long body Mooney's....Whatever.

Hi Scott, I hear you - and it was me pining over diesel/turbine - and I am not buying either anytime soon even if they produce them tomorrow simply because I cannot afford a new airplane.

I am pleased simply because Mooney has been hanging on a string and I was really worried if they could continue indefinitely, or just disappear entirely.  I think this investor is good news because it insures the future health of the company, and it is still a company that will stay in Kerryville and employ folks right there.

• Like 1

I'm glad some people are going back to work in Aviation. It's definitely needed. Anyone else wonder how long it will last this time with the high cost to build? Is it time to invest in automation and a new design for the long term health of the company?

There's no immediate impact to me about this news and no new Mooney in my future period unless I win the lottery.

David

Yea I wouldn't get too worked up over this Scott. Foreign investors will be knocking on the doors of this country for a long time. Get used to it. Anheuser-Busch was bought by foreigners and I revolted. I said I'd never drink their crap! It's un-American!!! But I have to admit. My Bud tastes pretty damn good right now. Cheers!
Man, someone needs to introduce you to American craft beer. You are drinking crap! :)
  • Like 4

I'm glad some people are going back to work in Aviation. It's definitely needed. Anyone else wonder how long it will last this time with the high cost to build? Is it time to invest in automation and a new design for the long term health of the company?

There's no immediate impact to me about this news and no new Mooney in my future period unless I win the lottery.

David

But there is an impact for all of us - without the appearance that our "classic" "legacy" airplanes are almost orphan airframes, then this helps us maintain value in what we already own.  Not to mention the greater likelihood that in fact Mooney will be there tomorrow and next year to provide us with parts to keep our beloved fleet flying.

I don't believe this news is going to have any impact on the value of our Vintage Mooneys. This also does not guarantee that parts for our old Mooneys will be in stock and ready to ship when needed. I suspect that it will be status quo for those of us with the pre Acclaim/Ovation airplanes. The value of our airplanes is not necessarily tied to whether the manufacturer is still in business or not when they're as old as ours are.

I will say that if Mooney parts are manufactured with Chinese steel, that I will not be buying their parts. Time will tell if there's any real benefit for us or not. You can tell which way I'm leaning! Scott's right on with this one.

I guess we just have to trust the chinese and the FAA to look out for us, lololol.

Screw that. I'll buy used, or owner produced first. I'll take matters in my own hands at the first sign of import materials, or the "Made in China" label. We have to keep a close eye on this whole deal when it comes to "factory" parts.