Mooney Slow Down!

teethdoc

We were sequenced in front of a regional jet going into Columbia SC last Friday and ATC asked us to keep our speed up.  I probably overdid it since it was a bit challenging to get slowed down on final, but it's nice to have good speed range in busy airspace.  We were well on our way to the FBO when the jet landed.  

After getting the under the breath complaint from a FedEx driver in Memphis about having to follow a Mooney in, it sure felt good to be told to slow down by the KBHM controllers coming back home. :D

You probably had a B,C or P in front of you. :)

I’ve had ATC ask me to keep my speed up with a 737 behind me and it has never been a problem yet.  It can get challenging to slow down and drop the gear while still descending but we’re Mooney pilots right we got that covered.

You probably had a B,C or P in front of you. :)

I’ve had ATC ask me to keep my speed up with a 737 behind me and it has never been a problem yet.  It can get challenging to slow down and drop the gear while still descending but we’re Mooney pilots right we got that covered.

Once in a 402 I had a 100 knot overtake on final on a 737, truth it I was whipping and driving that old dog, but it sure delivered the goods when firewalled. To date with the 201, the best I had was a 40 or 50 knot overtake on an Airbus A320 going into Ft Myers, FL.

I passed a T-38 last week. On the taxiway ;). It was a pair, the first had taken off and had a gauge go out and was returning , so the other requested permission to taxi back. They asked me to taxi past him so he could turn around. I said it may be the only time I ever get to overtake a fighter.

When I'm bringing my Acclaim into John Wayne Airport they often slot me behind a 737 and it's pretty annoying. Thankfully they tell the airliners to keep their speed up for me.  :D

Earlier this year nearing SNA approach control asked me to maintain 200 knots for spacing.   Glad they have such a high opinion of our planes' capabilities.