M20S for sale

Dennis if u r truly serious about this A/C have a well recognized expert review the logs for you. Names that come to mind are Bruce Yeager or Jimmie Garrison That will be money well spent and will give you confidence to go forward-or not

Quote: gjkirsch

I started reading the airframe log and quit after the second prop strike at about 650 hours.  Multiple nose gear and tire replacements, as well as having to reseal the tanks would scare me too much. 

The suggestion of having Bruce review the logs is a good one.  I would trust his judgement.  I have been to Wilmar a number of times and looked at the weep no more process.  They do really good work.  I have no idea about the Lapeer, Mi service center.  Unfortuantely, no matter what you do, the damage history will be with the plane forever and impact the future marketability.  Do you really want to overhaul the engine, maybe upgrade the autopilot and then a few years later try and sell it?

Quote: paulbeck

Hello all. 

Just to clarify, I went to Lapeer , MI last month just to fix a leak in the LH tank and reseal the wing walk panel. The tanks other than that are original.

Paul Beck

Weep No More, LLC

Quote: gjkirsch

The suggestion of having Bruce review the logs is a good one.  I would trust his judgement.  I have been to Wilmar a number of times and looked at the weep no more process.  They do really good work.  I have no idea about the Lapeer, Mi service center.  Unfortuantely, no matter what you do, the damage history will be with the plane forever and impact the future marketability.  Do you really want to overhaul the engine, maybe upgrade the autopilot and then a few years later try and sell it?

Last annual was in 2008 and then the prop was replaced in 2012.

Thanks for the 80 page tour down memory lane...

The pre purchase inspection from a proper shop will be worth it's weight in gold.

With the prop replacements, I was not able to discern any upgrades toward the screamin' eagle type of package.

This is an opinion, I am not a mechanic, with no ties to this aircraft.

Overall, Eagles are great Mooneys, this one has been improved in the panel some.

Best regards,

-a-