MAPASF 2024 PPP Training Dates

On 11/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, hubcap said:

Terry, I may see you in Kentucky, or we may be going to Texas. Haven't made a commitment yet. I actually like KOWB airport. Flew in there earlier this year.

OWB is great, two long crossing runways. I did my first PPP there, had about 20 hours Mooney time before flying there (one runway was closed for resurfacing, and the landing was almost my first straight in). Get the barbecued mutton!

On 11/8/2023 at 1:37 AM, Pinecone said:

That would be great.  I need to hit one earlier.  I want this in the logbook before insurance renewal. :D

And, unless I do something else, I need an FR by end of August.

Training always looks good when applying for insurance, recurrent training looks even better. The MAPA PPP is a great program, I may go to Ocala in January. Not the best timing, but nearby, and I've never flown there (bonus points for a new-to-me location).

• Like 1

Last year Turbo had a great time meeting all of the Mooniacs at the Lexington PPP. This year he wants to go south, so we’ll be headed to Ocala in January. Hopefully we can get some MS name badges set up so it’s easier to figure out who the MS’ers are. 

IMG_0715.jpeg

70795466894__DB9B9302-52AB-40B5-B317-85A14B496BDD.jpeg

2E0E6BBA-45DA-4A5C-A383-7919070410C9.jpeg

IMG_1733.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 1:37 AM, Pinecone said:

That would be great.  I need to hit one earlier.  I want this in the logbook before insurance renewal. :D

And, unless I do something else, I need an FR by end of August.

I signed up for KOWB today. A buddy of mine who is a new Mooney owner is attending as well. Looking forward to it.

• 6 months later...

From what I understand, the first day is all classroom.

Second day you get 2 flights, each 2 hours.  First counts as FR, if you fly well enough.  Second will be Instrument be an IPC, or a second VFR flight if you are not instrument rated.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

From what I understand, the first day is all classroom.

Second day you get 2 flights, each 2 hours.  First counts as FR, if you fly well enough.  Second will be Instrument be an IPC, or a second VFR flight if you are not instrument rated.

That is correct. Also it is worth noting that they hand out a book to each pilot with suggested settings for each model. There is a pilot’s banquet on Saturday night. Really good instructors, all well versed in Mooneys. Went to Santa Maria, that was my fifth or sixth. They give out a course completion certificate, I received that and submitted it with my insurance application as soon as I got back. At age 75 I got a renewal quote in two days. Don’t like the price going up every year, but at least I am able to fly.

They're pretty much 16 hours classroom and 4 hours flying in your plane. Counts as BFR, IPC and whatever else you need.

The instructors are top notch, and are experienced in your model of Mooney, too. It's a weekend well spent.

• Like 2

Terry I’m trying to figure out which one to attend, I’m in Delaware close to you, I guess it’s between Kentucky and Vermont. Needing an annual IPC I don’t want to screw up my dates.

D

I was planning on KY, and it was perfect.  Do 2 days of training at Garmin on my new avionics, then do the PPP.  Then they moved it a week earlier.  And the avionics install is taking a bit longer.

VT would be nice, but it conflicts with Mooney Max.  

So that leaves me with Ft Worth.

2 hours ago, Pinecone said:

Still no answer to which airport.

I would like to know, as I am planning on being there.

As shown in the OP, go to mooneysafety.com for details. It's really not hard to do.

No, I didn't embed a link for you . . . .

I'm trying to confirm, but I think they really do mean "Fort Worth" as in Fort Worth Meacham (KFTW). 

I had hoped to go to Santa Maria, now I'm hoping Burlington, VT will work out.  What's one more X-US flight. :D 

I have changed my reservations to Ft Worth….the airport has not been confirmed yet, but I am hoping KFWS. I have been in there several times and the gas is way cheaper than Meacham.

• 1 month later...

The next MAPASF Pilot Proficiency Program starts September 6 in Burlington VT.  The email update yesterday announced the hotel information:

This is a reminder that the Mooney Aircraft Pilots Association Safety Foundation will be holding a Pilot Proficiency Program at the Burlington International Airport in Burlington Vt beginning Sept 6ththat 7am at the Windjammer Hotel in Burlington Vt.  We hope you would contact Lela Hughes  Lela Hughes email is lelahughes49@gmail.com or give her a call to get registered.  Her phone is  (210) 289-6939.  The hotel number and information is below

Jen Hamway | Conference & Events Manager
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center 

1076 Williston Road| South Burlington |VT| 05403

P: 802.846.0658 E: jhamway@windjammergroup.com

• 2 weeks later...