EASA Airworthiness Shop in the States? (for an EASA Annual Inspection)

AF M20J

Hello fellow Mooneyites!

I have a J which is now in Florida after I flew it across the pond last fall and I'm searching (now urgently) for a US-Based EASA airworthiness shop that can inspect it for the annual.

Do any of you know anyone who might be able to help?
I've called all the major shops I can think of, but no-one does this anymore is what I've heard... I'm hopeful that's not the case!

Thanks for any and all tips/help, it will be greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, neilpilot said:

I'm sure you already have looked at the list I've attached, if it's even relevant.  Just in case you haven't.....

usa_easa_145.pdf 618.94 kB · 1 download

Thanks @neilpilot
I started here, and called a number of orgs, but repeatedly encountered the issue that they are primarily certified for parts mfg and overhaul.

I'll keep digging in, thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an aircraft at weep no more 4 years ago that had dual German and US registration, I am sure Paul Beck remembers the guy who can explain how this works. Flying a European technician over for a Florida vacation and "pre-qualifying" the aircraft with a US annual may be the path of least resistance.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:34 PM, Fritz1 said:

I saw an aircraft at weep no more 4 years ago that had dual German and US registration, I am sure Paul Beck remembers the guy who can explain how this works. Flying a European technician over for a Florida vacation and "pre-qualifying" the aircraft with a US annual may be the path of least resistance.

Interesting angle. Never heard of this before, would you be willing to elaborate just a bit more?

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your input!

saw a 231 in weep no more shop in spring of 2019 that had US registration taped over German registration, Paul Beck explained to me that the German owner had flown it back and forth across the Atlantic several times and that it had dual registration, flies on US registration in the US and on German registration in Europe, maybe the owner did the US registration and never cancelled the German registration, the legality of this setup is beyond my pay grade, these birds are migratory and pilots are creative by nature