G1000 checklist file

Robert C.

Hi gang,

Anyone willing/able to send me their M20R_Ovation2GX.ace file? 

My O3 is in for the WAAS and ADSB upgrade so I anticipate having the checklist capability soon. I have the Garmin editor but retyping the entire checklist into their format seems like a bit of a project so I'm hoping to get a head start by using someone else's template.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm a new owner of a 2006 Ovation 2GX and was surprised when I took possession and found the checklist softkey greyed out.  I'm glad to have found this thread.  Would one of you mind sharing the ACE file with me also and any advice you have on process for loading it into the G1000.

I'm a new owner of a 2006 Ovation 2GX and was surprised when I took possession and found the checklist softkey greyed out.  I'm glad to have found this thread.  Would one of you mind sharing the ACE file with me also and any advice you have on process for loading it into the G1000.

Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send it to you. Along with my checklist file for my O 2GX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

David,

Congrats - nice aircraft

Our aircraft might know each other from their time during production in Kerrville ;) (yours SN 29-0414, mine is SN 29-0423).
Just recognized, others (like Graf_Aviator with SN 29-0452) did already take care of your request.
So you are in good hands...

• 8 months later...

Ovation 3 owners: Does anyone have a checklist M20R .ace file that I can edit using the Garmin app? Or do you know how to convert mine?

I built my own PDF checklist (based on POH and others here) but I would love to convert to .ace and also upload to G1000.

Checklist attached. Your feedback appreciated of course. 

Thanks!

DV

Mooney OVATION 3 Checklist 2021_V3.pdf

• Like 1

There were discussions on how to convert various file types a while back…

Seems to be a common challenge for newer Garmin equipment…

Best regards,

-a-

Bob had mentioned how he was going about it… 

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Convert .ace&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

• Thanks 1

ooooow…..

I probably should have mentioned… bob is unable to answer his emails…

Back in the day… he was an awesome engineer who liked to share his knowledge…

So you might find that he may have written enough details to help you find an answer…

His plane is still an MSer….  :)

Best regards,

-a-

On 9/14/2021 at 5:30 PM, Healthpilot said:

Thanks Carusoam I will email Bob... Wow his post is from 2013 interesting that there is no easier way to do this yet! I assume that people don't use G1000 for checklists that often then.  

It works for me for ground operations, "Before Start", "After Start", "Before Takeoff",  but in the air I find I want my MFD on other things and fiddling with it is too much of a distraction. In addition the type is too small. I have my Before Landing check in 20 point type.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...