NEW M10??? Anyone see this yet?

KSMooniac

In the next 5 years China is building 85 new major airports, in the next 20 years their civil aviation plans are to increase 78%. This doesn't include feeder airports as well as smaller aircraft for them. Not only that but China will have hubs for international travel. Look how many businesses are either being bought into or bought by the Chinese so international travel is certainly going to increase.

I know they have quite a few Chinese students at our flight school so probably other schools as well and with just with the thought of teaching students in the their home country with their own domestically built aircraft (my guess would be Cirrus also) and that learning to fly would become more accessible to career pilots as well as those with disposable income. 

Long range thinking from Asian countries?

How long has Honda been working on the Honda Jet?  :-)

They must feel the investment is worth it.

Just saw an article the other day where Mitsubishi is making a good

looking commuter jet. Some more long range thinking by Asians. 

Hmmmm.....well that didn't take long to circulate around! Wonder who the rat was?

Abe, I carefully removed the pics from the Summit about the m10s. If  we find we had a mole, we will revoke their Mooney Summit TSC. Jared, if the mole is one of our attendee's I apologize to Mooney for this. I certainly hope it wasn't one of us that violated  your trust.  

The Micco from what I gather had a limited aerobatic certificate, and the 4 cylinder was not approved for it. I think there were only 6 4 cylinders , and only slightly more 6 cylinders. Cool airplane, but didn't have a nice wing on it. The Swift too is the fastest looking slowest airplane in the world. All these old airplanes had fat wings...

It''d be great to see a laminar wing on some of these classic airplanes. I like the new direction of the brain thrust.

A plastic Mooney with OLEO struts! The only thing Mooney about it is the shape of the tail!

It seems strange that the Chinese would buy a company that only has expertise and equipment to build steel tube and aluminum airplanes if they wanted to build composite airplanes.

I have said this before. They bought a brand name and heritage. That's about all. Hopefully they absorb the design philosophy and view all new projects as Al Mooney would have. Let the American engineers work this new aircraft and the Chinese engineers assist. IMO, if this plane is a 100% Chinese affair, it will fail.

What a looser someone would have to be to flaunt something around that they were asked to keep quiet about for the sole means of gossip/drama......stay home next year looser ....whoever you are

I have hope it wasn't one of us (Summit attendee's)  and have begun the investigation, not to expose the culprit, chastise him/her or consul him/her on the value of integrity, but to formally apologize to Mooney International for the breech of trust if it was. I just need to know for this purpose, and any assistance would be appreciated. We were privileged at the Mooney Summit II to have Mooney sponsor our Saturday dinner, send Jared Absher to our welcome reception to give us a sneak peak of what their plans were. Its a trust thing I hope the quality of our attendee's held to the highest of regard. 

• Like 1

I want to apologize for posting this as I had no idea it was shown at the summit in confidence. I saw it posted elsewhere by someone that did not attend the summit, and thought it was worthy of discussion here. I should have gone to the summit, and then I would know better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw the post and pic last night. Came back today to look at it again and not only saw it had been deleted, but that an investigation has begun.

On second thought, perhaps I should not even admit to viewing the evidence.....

Should we refer to this as MooneyGate ???

While sneaking confidential info like this is kind of doushe baggy, we should keep this in perspective. "Leaked" info like this rarely ends up a bad thing. It's free advertising and promotion for the brand. It's a great way to gauge market response to a new product totally risk free. I don't think MAC is a publicly traded company, so I don't think there is any harm really done. I wouldn't be surprised if someone working for Mooney actually leaked this on purpose.

I happened to speak to someone in a position to know about this project, and although they would not comment on any specifics, they did say that things are much further along than you might suspect.  I hope that is true and that lots of new life is injected into this brand.