Houston area - Good Mooney Mechanic or shop

steelerp

K&W aviation at LaPorte, TX (T41). Bob and Reggie. kwaviation@att.net. I have used them two years and they never overcharge, do excellent work, and are a bunch of great people to do business with. Nothing leaves their shop without being fixed right the first time, no second and third trip back to re-do.

I don't understand the PM requests either, when we are ALL trying to help and learn from each other.

I know a couple of people here are LEO's and need a level of secrecy, but many others, IMHO are either paranoid or just uncertain about their positions, their plane models (although they post pictures with their tail numbers), their home bases, and/or recommendations both positive and negative. :rolleyes:

Then, of course, there's that wayward NJ dentist, who I guess, has finally painted his plane. :ph34r:

• Like 1

K&W aviation at LaPorte, TX (T41). Bob and Reggie. kwaviation@att.net. I have used them two years and they never overcharge, do excellent work, and are a bunch of great people to do business with. Nothing leaves their shop without being fixed right the first time, no second and third trip back to re-do.

Also, i should point out they are one of the few A&P's I've ever encountered who vocally advertise themselves as supportive of owner performed maintenance, if that's something you want to do, they are interested in educating pilots on how to work on their own airplane and provide watchful supervision. They are happy to accomodate "drop it off and call me when its ready", but if you want to hang out, ask questions, or help (and maybe save a few hours of mechanic labor cost), that's ok with them too, regardless of your mechanical ability and they have a nice little community of pilots that do just that.

• 1 month later...
PM'd you a cell number and contact.

I got permission to post contact info on the web of a good Houston mechanic.  I will not refer him as "Mooney Mechanic" but he does do a lot of work for me.  Maxwell is my MSC but for local needs he is very good.  Electrical, mechanical, etc.  He knows Beech (owns one) and Lycomings and Continental in and out.  A stickler for detail and by the book.

Andrew Francis A&P/IA

David Wayne Hooks Airport/Hangar K19

andy40451@aol.com