You will need to install small, unobtrusive fasten

FloridaMan

You replace two screws just aft of the cowl flaps with snap fasteners.  Took me about 30 seconds with a Phillips head screwdriver.  Easy day!  Then the cover snaps on in the front and you clip it down in the back.  If you're not comfortable replacing the two screws, you can use a strap to hold the cover on in the front.... But it's very very easy to install the snaps, and it makes puting the cover on much easier IMHO.

Hmmm, my cover came from someone in Maryland whose name slips my mind right now. It has three straps, one in front and one behind the nose wheel, and one behind the wing. Two have large O-rings for stretch to keep it tight, the one behind the wheel does not. Wide backpack-style plastic clips on the straps, with padding underneath them to not scratch the paint. No snaps, no screws, nothing permanent, with additional padding over the windows. All stows nicely in a zippered bag. I can check the mfr's name this evening if anyone is interested.

See photo below, although it wasn't taken to show off the cover as much as the scenery. I do like how it fits snugly and doesn't flap in the wind like so many others. [Oh the memories--a great trip, but no more huge Whelen belly strobe, it died and was replaced with a much smaller Whelen LED.]

post-54-13468141147083_thumb.jpg

http://www.planecover.com/

Ground Tech. -  Salisbury Maryland....

Gary, check out this web site for the best covers on the east coast.

The cover withstood 50kt winds the day before the picture was taken.

Jim Cancil at Ground Tech is a good guy to talk to about the details.  I bought a cover a decade ago for my M20C and had Jim perform maintenance on it.  It looked like it would last forever.

I bought a new plane and a new cover.  The only thing different, I got a set of cowl plugs with my tail number sewn in them...

Jim has sensible options like a zippered door and special material for covering the windshield.  My plane is outside so my cover has an important job to do.

Hope that helps...

Best regards,

-a-

I wish I could be so lucky. I pay 550/mo for a rusty, leaky hangar. If I take and wipe my plane down with a clean, white dry microfiber towel after two days of hard rain, while my plane's been in the hangar, the 1/4 section of the towel I use will be brown from rust in the moisture on the plane. 

That's them! Salisbury, Maryland. My cover says "Ground Tech, 410-749-6693, Salisbury, Maryland" and appears identical to the Plane Cover ad on page 23 of the MAPA LOG that came in yesterday's mail. Love it, love it, love it!

I have a cover that fit my C with the original windshield, manufacturer unknown, that I would like to sell, too.