Which tool do you want???

On 10/1/2024 at 12:43 PM, Ragsf15e said:

Just from the head I’d say venomous, but what kind of snake is that?  I’m lucky to live somewhere that has very few rattlesnakes and no other venomous snakes, so when the kids and I see one we usually get to hold the nice garter snake!

It looks like a good sized Garter Snake doing its level best to look like a scary pit viper.

20 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Snakes eat mice, mice damage planes, why kill it?

There are only four kinds of snakes that I don't like:  big ones, little ones, live ones and dead ones. This particular snake is two of those . . . .

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2024 at 10:23 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

No reason to kill it. Just take it out and let it go. 

If you do kill it, you should eat it. They taste pretty good.

Here in AZ you have to have a hunting license to legally kill a snake. Six per day is all you are allowed.

When I was in law school at ASU my cousin would take me rattlesnake road hunting east of Mesa.  We got a few $ selling them to a taxidermist who used the skins.  No license needed in 1976-1979 (as far as I knew then)