Top 5 paint and interior shops for our Mooneys and our money

hoot777

5 minutes ago, RoundTwo said:

There are three pillars for any labor intensive job; time, cost and quality. Pick the two that are the most important to you and accept the third as is. 

"You can have it fast, cheap or done right. Pick any two."

Yes, cannot agree more, important to show up every week, encourage painters, check on progress, drop off gifts and gently steer work into a favorable direction, rather pay more to get things done to your liking, respect people for doing work that is too hard to do yourself, truth and reality on a paint job come out 5-7 years down the road, does it stick or does it not, choose wisely, I had two airplanes painted, one in 98 at Modworks in FL , long gone with excellent results, the other one in 2018 with lots of tribulations which could have been avoided if I had taken the time to visit more often, great learning experience

15 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Pick one close enough for you to easily get to so you can be involved in the process. Important if you want to guarantee a good outcome.

Cannot stress how important this is….  
without being able to inspect regularly, you will be left to the subjective opinion of someone else.  It doesn’t necessarily mean poor quality, but it definitely means you should not be surprised by variations in expectations. 
There is no substitute for inspecting what you are expecting. 

That's quite right - cost, quality and time.  I got exactly two in spades and one was not good at all.

I got a very well priced and superbly high quality paint job - and it took way way longer than anticipated - almost 8 months - and I am not complaining now 6 years on and lineman are still complimenting me on my paint job.  Heck, three weeks ago, the ground controller complimented me on my paint and I have had tower compliment me on my paint on roll out more than once....

Im very happy.

2 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

That's quite right - cost, quality and time.  I got exactly two in spades and one was not good at all.

I got a very well priced and superbly high quality paint job - and it took way way longer than anticipated - almost 8 months - and I am not complaining now 6 years on and lineman are still complimenting me on my paint job.  Heck, three weeks ago, the ground controller complimented me on my paint and I have had tower compliment me on my paint on roll out more than once....

Im very happy.

Tower asks me "what happened to your paint?".

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fly Boomer said:

Tower asks me "what happened to your paint?".

I got a cool picture sent to me from the avionics shop about 3 weeks ago (got a new 355 installed to compliment my 650), and they had what looks like Air Force 2 in the shop! So there's my plane with Air Force 2 (or some govt marked VIP mover gulf stream) in the background in a big hangar with white shiny floors and my plane is shiny in the front of the scene, And the avionics shop said "the men in black were jealous".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1