Seeking a round strobe light lense

Jon M

1 hour ago, Jon M said:

Does anyone know where to find an oval strobe light lense for our 78 J? The one I ordered is oblong.  I see entire assemblies used on line but just need a lense.  Thanks for any help here.  Cheers! 

Oval and glass?  If so I’ve got a bunch of them.  Post a picture.

21 minutes ago, Jon M said:

image.jpeg.79c9c9c0f9c314795c79790ed2eec431.jpegimage.jpeg.11988ae1ca549a12c6198b2914c9e9bd.jpegThanks Clarence.  Here are a couple of pics.  

Are you sure that they’re oval?  They appear round to me.  Oval Whelen lenses would be an A612 which is different than your picture.

12 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Are you sure that they’re oval?  They appear round to me.  Oval Whelen lenses would be an A612 which is different than your picture.

You are correct.  I received the oval lense as the suggested replacement from Wat and found today that I do indeed need a round lense.  They don't seem to be as available.  Do you know a vender for the round lense? I saw in one post that a Piper tail light lense may work?

• Jon M changed the title to Seeking a round strobe light lense

The round lens from a tail position light might fit.  There were Hoskins strobes used in some airplanes and some other airframes used Aeroflash Signal Corp lights, they used round lenses.

4 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I have some of them, but they are plastic and look like crap. If you need one to get you by, let me know, but otherwise you should find a new one.

Thanks Rich.

4 hours ago, M20Doc said:

The round lens from a tail position light might fit.  There were Hoskins strobes used in some airplanes and some other airframes used Aeroflash Signal Corp lights, they used round lenses.

4 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I will investigate those leads.  I appreciate the info here.  Thanks.  

5 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I have some of them, but they are plastic and look like crap. If you need one to get you by, let me know, but otherwise you should find a new one.

Thanks for the offer Rich!  I will keep digging and may come back to you if I strike out.  Cheers.