Flight Review in Southern Ohio

PJClark

Folks,

I need a flight review this month and the last instructor I flew with around here (SR-22 checkout) says he doesn't feel he should do it since he's never flown a Mooney.

Big surprise, and I have no ideas.

Anyone know a big-picture Mooney CFI in Southern Ohio or anywhere within about 400 NM?

thx in advance

PJ

15 hours ago, PJClark said:

Flight Review in the books...a very "big picture" experience. :D

Congrats! I hope to fly down your way maybe next month. My plane is in queue for the annual right now. They should start it next week. Timing works out as I'm working out of OAK all month. In September, I'll be DEN based and have more free time. Was hoping to stop down your way on one of my flights. I'll buy you a cup of coffee and pick your brain, if you don't mind!

On 8/14/2021 at 9:55 AM, PJClark said:

I don't mind at all.  Remembered you last week...I could fly up there for coffee

I have most of September off. My plane is in annual right now. I'll give you a shout when it's out of annual and I can fly your way or you can fly up here! Looking forward to meeting you!

On 8/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, Mike Haehnle said:

Sounds like your all set, but Jeff S is located at KLUK with over 2,000 in Mooneys.  

I'm late to the party but still have to say, I would never recommend Jeff after spending significant time with him.  I've detailed it here and in PM's.  Long story short, he was remarkably unprofessional and displays poor ADM in many ways.  I wish the flyer would take him off their listing frankly.  

As an aside, I heard you on frequency on Saturday I believe, heading north?

36 minutes ago, NJMac said:

I'm late to the party but still have to say, I would never recommend Jeff after spending significant time with him.  I've detailed it here and in PM's.  Long story short, he was remarkably unprofessional and displays poor ADM in many ways.  I wish the flyer would take him off their listing frankly.  

As an aside, I heard you on frequency on Saturday I believe, heading north?

I was!  Had to get out of the house while my wife hosted a bridal shower, so I took her Dad with me up to Port Clinton for lunch.

Now you mention it I recall hearing Columbus talking to another Mooney--guess that was you.

56 minutes ago, PJClark said:

I was!  Had to get out of the house while my wife hosted a bridal shower, so I took her Dad with me up to Port Clinton for lunch.

Now you mention it I recall hearing Columbus talking to another Mooney--guess that was you.

I was in the Bonanza heading east to Pittsburgh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PJClark said:

@NJMac

changing the original question since the FR is done.

Have you had to do an IFR /transponder/pitot static check in the Dayton area? if so who did it, how much, how long did it take (ie how long did they keep your airplane)?

I need one in Oct.

During my 5 week annual on the Bo, the shop had a connection come do the P/S test.  Took a few hours.  Guy almost couldn't make time in those 5 weeks to do the test, so probably wouldn't recommend him.  

Lynn down at AGL has an avionics guy who can.  The buyer of my E actually flew back to KMRN for the test, said it only took a few hours and he was on his way. 

• Like 1

There is a mobile guy down here based near greenville, TN.  He drives to TYS, GKT regularly.  He is a good guy and does what he says.  He does all kinds of avionics and PS IFR is $350-400.  You can fly to meet him from OH and he will do it while you eat lunch. Pm if interested 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PJClark said:

@NJMac

changing the original question since the FR is done.

Have you had to do an IFR /transponder/pitot static check in the Dayton area? if so who did it, how much, how long did it take (ie how long did they keep your airplane)?

I need one in Oct.

I used some guys from LCK a few years back, they did a good job.  Took an hour or two.

• Thanks 1