Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As some of you know, I'm not flying a mooney anymore, but I'm still coming to OSH and you are my people.  :ph34r:

My plan this year is to fly to MSN on the 23rd, help out with registration, etc, then fly to OSH just before you guys depart.  

Unfortunately, a turbocharged twin Cessna just doesn't mesh well in formation with you guys.  

I'm planning on parking on the ramp at Basler, but I'm hoping I can set up camp with the caravan. 

I've got my ramp space and hotel booked. I booked a room with 2 queens for the night of the 23rd (and 24th just in case) if anyone wants to save a couple bucks and share a room.

Do we know when registration for the caravan will open up?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

9 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Do we know when registration for the caravan will open up?

We're getting close. @adverseyaw is indeed the lead on this effort. He just needs confirmation/sign-off from a few different teams and it will be ready to go live.

Link to post
Share on other sites
As some of you know, I'm not flying a mooney anymore, but I'm still coming to OSH and you are my people.  [emoji185]
My plan this year is to fly to MSN on the 23rd, help out with registration, etc, then fly to OSH just before you guys depart.  
Unfortunately, a turbocharged twin Cessna just doesn't mesh well in formation with you guys.  
I'm planning on parking on the ramp at Basler, but I'm hoping I can set up camp with the caravan. 
I've got my ramp space and hotel booked. I booked a room with 2 queens for the night of the 23rd (and 24th just in case) if anyone wants to save a couple bucks and share a room.
Do we know when registration for the caravan will open up?
 

I’m sure there will be room...when the Bos didn’t make it in 2019, we had some Beech brethren among us. Once a Caravaner, you’re welcome despite switching planes...but the North40 Camping Police may have their own view.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, N9201A said:


I’m sure there will be room...when the Bos didn’t make it in 2019, we had some Beech brethren among us. Once a Caravaner, you’re welcome despite switching planes...but the North40 Camping Police may have their own view.

Can you expand on the police comment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ragedracer1977 said:

Can you expand on the police comment?

The OPs group at KOSH has a bunch of rules they follow to keep the flow of planes moving....

The special handling for the formators is really cool...

Unfortunately, it makes it difficult to arrive at the same time more or less, and get marshaled to the same area...

As the days go on... Holes in the lines of the Mooneys appear...

Filling an open space is pretty easy later on, compared to the really busy days of mass arrival...

If there was a way to communicate... ‘I want to go over there...’. That would be cool.

 

Probably need to get you set up with a few Mooney decals, and temporary tale rotation... :) 

Best regards,

-a-

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, carusoam said:

The OPs group at KOSH has a bunch of rules they follow to keep the flow of planes moving....

The special handling for the formators is really cool...

Unfortunately, it makes it difficult to arrive at the same time more or less, and get marshaled to the same area...

As the days go on... Holes in the lines of the Mooneys appear...

Filling an open space is pretty easy later on, compared to the really busy days of mass arrival...

If there was a way to communicate... ‘I want to go over there...’. That would be cool.

 

Probably need to get you set up with a few Mooney decals, and temporary tale rotation... :) 

Best regards,

-a-

I've been there. I'm not trying to park with the caravan, just pitch a tent. :ph34r:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of room for that...   :)

About 100 planes with room for more than two tents per plane...

If my plane was going to be there... you would have an invite...

I misunderstood a key phrase... like ‘set up camp’  :)

Best regards,

-a-

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you expand on the police comment?

Not clear on the rules but each camper registers and gets a decal for their “camping unit.” It is policed because they’ll leave a note if you’ve a camping unit without a proof of registration (one year registered and went right into the fairgrounds and didn’t put my sticker on until I returned that evening).

I don’t know how many tents are permitted per “spot.” But it’s probably on the EAA website, I’m sure others know.
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the EAA website: 

Campsites

Only one tent per plane unless a second tent is needed for immediate family members. If additional tents are needed, they must fit within the footprint of the aircraft.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mooneys are perfect for corralling two tents...

I list cousin Alan and cousin Michael as immediate family... :)

@201er and @Alan Fox...

Trying to organize this year’s NJ contingent...  

:)

Best regards,

-a-

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.