New Pilot looking to build 1500 in 1961 M20B

6 minutes ago, hammdo said:

It's all what the buyer is willing to pay.

@Kb BrarFWIW I paid ~15% less for a VERY similarly equipped 64 E. SFOH was close to the same too. (more speed mods:D tho)

For the OP look at the when the tanks were last sealed, hours on prop and how long ago both ENG/PROP were O/H'd. Has it been flying 100+ hours a year? HOPEFULLY 

From the pictures the main gear pucks look good, but check the logs. 

Hours on Mags, exhaust, starter and alternator?

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 2:42 PM, 59Moonster said:

Since it hasn't been mentioned. Since you are going the CFI route. Just remember that you can't rent out and instruct in your plane unless you are also doing 100 hours on it.

My biggest recommendation is check insurance rates first!!!!

Also, did I catch that right that you are spending $80k for an M20B?

Yes Sir it is 70 K , But I like the plane because of the Avionics in it. 

18 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

@Kb BrarFWIW I paid ~15% less for a VERY similarly equipped 64 E. SFOH was close to the same too. (more speed mods:D tho)

For the OP look at the when the tanks were last sealed, hours on prop and how long ago both ENG/PROP were O/H'd. Has it been flying 100+ hours a year? HOPEFULLY 

So far the Pre buy has found Filewall Cracks $2000 repair , seller is welling to do it. Engine airframe and prop logs are all Good and plane was well cared for based on the records. 

700 Hours on the Prop. 

Landing gear was last repaired for a gear up landing in 2007 . 

19 hours ago, hammdo said:

https://www.aircraft24.com/singleprop/mooney/m20b--xi134412.htm

Batter radios with Such screen and Female voice lol . 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:58 AM, Raptor05121 said:

I did exactly that. I bought my D model at 80TT and I'm at almost 1200 (Part 135 IFR mins). I built 650 hours in my Mooney before getting a first job in Cessnas for survey. I did my IFR, commercial, and about to take my CFI ride in her. It's a VERY pleasurable experience and it teaches you A LOT. My DPE has commented on how proficient I am with the aircraft versus most people who bring rentals that they have only a handful of hours in. I am trying to stay humble, but all of my coworkers are children of Part 141 "pilot mills" and I'm appalled at their lack of real-life GA experience (one employee has over 1,000 hours and has never used a self-serve fuel pump, for example). It will teach you real-life knowledge you cannot get anywhere else, but at a hefty price. If you like adventures while climbing the 1500 ladder, DO IT.

Thank you  that information , I am working on the Pre buy , so far firewall cracks and no known engine or landing gear issues , I am hoping to keep it well maintained and fix it anytime there is a miner issue but I am not planing to do the Stop watch style TBO , how often you change oil on yours. 

Do share some caring tips , Washing and cleaning etc. 

19 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

https://www.aircraft24.com/singleprop/mooney/m20b--xi134412.htm

Other one is VFR with WWW 1 Radios . 

56 minutes ago, Kb Brar said:

, I am hoping to keep it well maintained and fix it anytime there is a miner issue but I am not planing to do the Stop watch style TBO , how often you change oil on yours. 

Do share some caring tips , Washing and cleaning etc. 

Lots of threads here on all of these. In my C, I change oil & filter every 50 tach hours. Washing is with Aerocosmetics Wash n Wax, regular (blue) for all metal except the belly, degreaser (red) works great on exhaust residue underneath. 

• Thanks 1