Anybody have the EI MVP-50P ?

DaV8or

I was considering the JPI EDM 930 for replacement of my primary engine gauges, but then I checked out the Electronics International MVP-50P. Wow! It seems to do a whole lot more for nearly the same price and it seems like it may have a better user interface. Any PIREPs?

Can't comment fairly on the JPI as I have never used it.  As far as the EI I think it is a great unit.  Very easy to use, program and read.  Some features I have on mine:

• All Basic functions as advertised EGT, CHT, OAT, Fuel etc.
  • Link to my 430
  • Link to CO Guardian
  • Replaces all original instruments incl. OilP, OilT, CHT, Fuel L&R AMPS (Old guage box is now a glove box)
  • Voice annunciator for all out of range conditions.
  • Checklists, W&B, info pages etc.
  • Excellent fuel planner

If I had any negative comments on the unit the only one that I can think of are that the colored guage strips are a little narrow.  Hard to see transitions from green to yellow to red.  Not a big deal as the lettering/numbers also are colored as per operating condition but to me, bar guages showing operating point on a thicker strip would be preferred.  Other than that I don't think you can go wrong.

• 3 months later...

Those installations both look nice, and with everything else in the panel I see that this is the only place you could put it. But my question is how easy it is to keep track of everything with that being so far from the normal scan area.  Has it taken some adjustment to add that to your scan reliably?

Just wanted some feedback from this group, I just posted a photoshop picture of what my avionics shop suggested. They have positioned the MVP-50 right below the G530. I originally thought of having the avionics stack all together with the EI to the right side. All suggestions are appreciated.

Eldon

Quote: jezzie

Just wanted some feedback from this group, I just posted a photoshop picture of what my avionics shop suggested. They have positioned the MVP-50 right below the G530. I originally thought of having the avionics stack all together with the EI to the right side. All suggestions are appreciated.

Eldon