Looking for JPI 700 download option

All,

I installed 12 new Tempest fine wire spark plugs and I need a way to download data from my JPI 700.

Does anyone have:

1. Schematic for the pinout of a cable to connect to the JPI 700 port to use a serial<->USB cable

2. An existing cable as in option 1

3. A download box like the one below they'd like to sell?

https://www.jpinstruments.com/shop/jpi-usb-download-box/

Thanks,

Dave

All,

I installed 12 new Tempest fine wire spark plugs and I need a way to download data from my JPI 700.

Does anyone have:

1. Schematic for the pinout of a cable to connect to the JPI 700 port to use a serial<->USB cable

2. An existing cable as in option 1

3. A download box like the one below they'd like to sell?

https://www.jpinstruments.com/shop/jpi-usb-download-box/

Thanks,

Dave

I have the cable and use a serial to usb converter to extract the data to JPI's EZ Trends.  You need to have JPI's serial out put on your panel (See attachment).   You are welcome to use it if you are around KPAO.

post-10996-0-13691200-1438185665_thumb.j

Thanks for the responses guys.

M20S Driver - I'll let you know if I need to use yours. I do have the serial output on my panel right below the 700.

Scott - I'll download the installation manual and see if I can make one myself.

I made a cable using the JPI pin out diagram as described above. You will also need a serial to USB adapter such as a Keyspan High Speed adapter unless you have an old computer with a serial port. These setups work fine as long as you follow the JPI download instructions exactly. My new JPI 730 with the USB port is much easier to use. Lee