This might come in handy...

Battery tech has just come so far in the last 5 years... This is an impressive test - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krg9smEWnIU

I guarantee there are folks on this board that would have a tough time completing this challenge under their own power. I used to live in this neighbor hood and I'm surprised that a 35lb scooter is this robust.

Solo Wheel was the 1st one I saw out a few years ago. I think it sold for around $1600 when it came out.

Battery technology has come a long way. We design radios at work and warranty the D cell non rechargeable battery life for 20 years of short transmissions spaced 15 seconds apart.

On another pilot forum these machines came up for discussion. I was interested and did some Googeling. I was surprised by the fact that there are dozens of companies making these with a huge price spread. All of these devices come from China and all of the companies I could find were actually Chinese companies. My assumption is, that this is a Chinese invention and there are no patents on it.

Anyhow, I'm old and cranky, so that level of China, China, China really turned me off. I'd like to ride one for the experience, but I won't be buying one.