"Aircraft Engine Lubrication" Webinar Thursday 8pm EST

1TJ

Please join me as I present a webinar tonight:

"Aircraft Engine Lubrication - What You Should Know to Make TBO"

Tonight Thursday, 1-30-14 8pm EST

It describes the idiosyncrasies of our aircraft engines. I will discuss aircraft oil formulations (auto vs. aviation oils), the straight weight vs. multi-weight debate, corrosion, the break-in process, engine operation, deposits and valve sticking, engine specific problems, oil additives, oil change intervals, and oil analysis.

Here is the opportunity to get answers to your questions about fuels, lubricants, additives, engine operation and much more!

It is not a Camguard talk, though there are a few plugs.

It is hosted by "SocialFlight" and the website is https://join.me/socialflight

Hope you can join me!

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Ed,

Nice webinar last week, I got a lot out of it.

One thing that troubles me, if there is always water suspended in the oil, why does my oil analysis always come back with 0.0% water and <0.5% fuel in the sample?

Most (Blackstone) do a crackle test (drop of oil on a hot surface- if it crackles then some water) to see if there is any water present.

You have to use IR spectroscopy or Karl Fischer titration to quantitatively measure small amounts of water in oil like I was referring to in my talk.

Ed

Hi Ed, any links yet? ! Love to watch it.

Almost ready to add our cam guard in the Mooney!! 25+ hrs on my overhaul and counting...

Probably run one more oil change on the mineral oil.

Thanks,

Matt.

The slides from my presentation are on our website http://www.aslcamguard.com/files/Why-CamGuard.pdf .  We will record it at some point.

I hope you have changed the oil once or twice in that 25 hours. I recommend changes at 5 and 15-20 after that. You can add Camguard after the second oil change.

ED