Skybound update problems

Earl

OK, so I got my 430 upgraded to WAAS and I am trying to update my database the first time since and JSUM will not recognize the card.  I have looked on control panel and it is installed and seems to be running properly in the USB slot.  Any suggestions?  Could Garmin have screwed something up when they had the unit.  Did I screw up sending the data card in with the unit?

Is the card recognized by the PC? Also, I wonder if the WAAS units require a different database subscription. Have you contacted Jeppesen to find out if this is the case?I

The card is recognized by the PC.  I went to Control Panel and Jepp shows up under the USB where it is plugged in.  Got a PM from another MooneySpace member and I need  a new subscription.  That is probably the problem as the WAAS data card is different and with my current subscription it won't recognize the card.

• Like 2

Well I finally did what was suggested and called Jepps and sure enough the reason JSUM didn't recognize my data card is it was looking for a non WAAS version.  So I updated my subscription to WAAS, which costs a little more than the non WAAS, and will try to update tonight when I get home.  Silly me to assume that the database was the same for WAAS and non WAAS and the vertical information was in there and just didn't display on a non WAAS 430.  Should have asked the avionics shop when I picked the plane up but it had a current database in it so I didn't even think about it.  Lesson learned........again....

Well I finally did what was suggested and called Jepps and sure enough the reason JSUM didn't recognize my data card is it was looking for a non WAAS version.  So I updated my subscription to WAAS, which costs a little more than the non WAAS, and will try to update tonight when I get home.  Silly me to assume that the database was the same for WAAS and non WAAS and the vertical information was in there and just didn't display on a non WAAS 430.  Should have asked the avionics shop when I picked the plane up but it had a current database in it so I didn't even think about it.  Lesson learned........again....

Look on the bright side Earl. They could have made you purchase a new SD card for $225!!

Once you go LPV, you'll never go back! ;)

+1 on that. Specially when coupled to the autopilot. LPV steers my AP down to 100ft on centerline hand off. LPV opens many runways to precision approach that didn't exist before without the cumbersome installation of an ILS ground station.

José