Any DC Area Mooney owners?

I have been researching airplanes and it seems as if a Pre-J Mooney would be the perfect. The problem is I have never actually flown in a Mooney (I assume sitting in the cockpit making airplane noises does not count). Anyone in the DC area willing to take me up on a short flight? I live in Leesburg, but can travel anywhere in the DC area.

I have a friend in the DC area that just purchased an M20K 231 and his M20C is now for sale. He has both based at KGAI but they are both in annual right now. I'm sure he'd be happy to take you up in his C model. There is also an Mooney Service Center at W00 (freeway) near Bowie (on Rt. 50 just east of DC) where they have many models of Mooneys and I'm sure could arrange a flight for you as well.

PM me if you want the contact information for my friend with the 1970 M20C model. Separately, it's listed here on MooneySpace too - and here's the link in the add - He's asking $33,000. http://www.treborav8.com/Treborav8/My_Sales_Albums/Pages/1970_Mooney_Ranger_M20C.html

And welcome to MooneySpace! Always nice to have another flyer in the area. I also know that there is a half share of a J availalbe to be based at FDK or GAI (currently based at FDK). It's in the for sale section of this board.

-Seth

Have you found a ride already?  I have a 68 M20C hangared in Culpeper, send my a PM and we can go for a ride when the weather gets a little warmer.  And I don't mean April, just when the forecast is at or above 40F.  We can do it any day of the week except Sundays at least while the football season is still going.   

Go Redskins,  cheers, Jose

Have you found a ride already? I have a 68 M20C hangared in Culpeper, send my a PM and we can go for a ride when the weather gets a little warmer. And I don't mean April, just when the forecast is at or above 40F. We can do it any day of the week except Sundays at least while the football season is still going.

Go Redskins, cheers, Jose

Hi José

How are you. Next time I will be in DC would love to see you.

Abrazo

Oscar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD