Garmin 300xl in a m20f.

funvee

Hey everyone...

This is likely a dumb question but i would rather be safe than sorry...

In a m20f 1967, is my electrical 14v or 28v?

I was going to put an offer on:

Model # GNC 300XL

Part # 011-00433-00

Serial # 95102169

14 VDC

but then I got to questioning myself about the 14v part.... I can't find where it tells me and I still don't have the plane in front of me yet.

Thanks,

Shawn

If I'm not mistaken the system is 14V the 67F model. This is something you should really know since it may be necessary one day to get your plane started. I'm not sure when 24V came out but I belive it was in the mid

to late 70's.

The 300XL is a nice unit I had it in my 64E model and it was IFR cert. iwht an OBS.

The 300XL is a nice unit I had it in my 64E model and it was IFR cert. iwht an OBS.

The airplane I just bought has a full GNC 300XL IFR installation (with a 250XL below). From looking at the manual, it seems like an backwards, uphill learning curve from the 430...but at least it's mine! Any tricks to using it? Do you have the 12v converter for pulling it out of the rack and practicing with it in SIM mode?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so now that the website is working for me now... Here is the update. I bought the plane and a 300xl and it is installed. I used it for my flight back from Oregon to Manitoba and it was flawless.

Now for my next stupid question.... How the heck do you update the database on the removable card? Who do I buy it from ? I thought it would come from Garmin or Jepp but I can't find a reference to the 300xl on their sites.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Ok, so now that the website is working for me now... Here is the update. I bought the plane and a 300xl and it is installed. I used it for my flight back from Oregon to Manitoba and it was flawless.

Now for my next stupid question.... How the heck do you update the database on the removable card? Who do I buy it from ? I thought it would come from Garmin or Jepp but I can't find a reference to the 300xl on their sites.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/legal/charts/ads-overview.jsp?ostc=ostc00185wh&omnostcloc=lr1

I believe you will need to get some kind of reader to link it to your computer, also. Just look around the site, and you should find what you need.

• Like 1

Being I no longer have a 300XL I can sell you an extra card and the reader $175 it plugs into a USB port. I'll even update the database from my subscrition which is still acitve at least for a little while you will be up to date.

You need to go on Jeppsen's site and set up an account and buy a subscription. Be preapred is is a pain in the a$$ to set up an account or at leaset that is what I found. It is easy then to update the card and next time you go to the plane you just swap the carda and the database is now up to date.

Being I no longer have a 300XL I can sell you an extra card and the reader $175 it plugs into a USB port. I'll even update the database from my subscrition which is still acitve at least for a little while you will be up to date.

You need to go on Jeppsen's site and set up an account and buy a subscription. Be preapred is is a pain in the a$$ to set up an account or at leaset that is what I found. It is easy then to update the card and next time you go to the plane you just swap the carda and the database is now up to date.

that's a good deal. A new card alone is $175 on that site plus tax. Also, getting a recent update would be nice b/c Jeppesen doesn't give much of a discount for single time updates vs. a whole year.