1956 M20 Resurrection

14 hours ago, hammdo said:

That push button starter reminds me of some of the 50’s cars my Dad had when I was a kid - some were on the floorboard!

-Don

My Cessna has an older starter. You pull a cable that engages the Bendix and turns on the electricity. 

14 hours ago, Hank said:

I thought they were all originally on the floor before some moved to the dash, 9nly to be replaced by keys in the dash (which mostly moved to the steering column).

New cars have returned to push button start--my car on the dash, my truck beside the shifter o pn the floor (I think).

Our 1923 Ford Model-T it’s on the floor, the switch is literally that, a big heavy spring contact switch that carry’s all of the Amperage for the 6V starter, so the thing has to be on the floor for your foot to push it because it takes a lot of pressure, interesting to me is the 1923 starter has a Bendix drive, that is by all accounts it’s a modern starter if it had a solenoid, while my 1946 Cessna has a pull cable that first engages the starter, then as you keep pulling closes the starter switch, still no solenoid though so it’s more primitive than the 23 Ford.

From Al Mooney book:

‘Mooney was then devoting his talent to the development of the Mark 20 family. The four-place Mark 20, with the hallmark forward-swept tail, was another solid airplane that achieved 180 m.p.h. on 180 h.p. The Mark 20 was certified in September, 1955 - two years after the prototype was flown.’

This one I believe is 150 HP so… something to think about…

-Don

Put a Garmin 375 (first choice) or 355 with an updated indicator that can be used for the VOR and I’d keep the rest original ;o) (maybe dual fuel digital - I have one from my B still)…

See’s in pretty good shape in original form…

-Don