need used vintage 6 pack pilot panel

JoeM

I'm upgrading my vintage panel to standard 6 pack. Does anyone have a used, pilot side, 6 pack panel you'd be willing to sell?

I thought he wanted the panel itself, not the instruments to mount in it.

The last time I was at the avionics shop, they had a whole pole of used panels that they had replaced. Check around with some, see what they have.

I think Lasar sells them ($$).   Alternatively, there are CAD files floating around and you can have one cut for you by a company that does contract water jet cutting.  That's what I did years ago.

You can’t just slap someone else’s panel on your airplane. When I looked into this even the ones from Lasar were considered owner produced part. 

you have to make or have it made for your airplane unless you can find an STCd unit. 

Edited by Aviationist
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aviationist said:

You can’t just slap someone else’s panel on your airplane. When I looked into this even the ones from Lasar were considered owner produced part. 

you have to make or have it made for your airplane unless you can find an STCd unit. 

Get one, sand it down a little so that you have now produced it for your plane... :D

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Get one, sand it down a little so that you have now produced it for your plane... :D

Or just inspect it to participate in quality control.