Overhead vent ducting material and size

After recent install of EL panel and MaxPulse in the headliner, I found that the rear left pax overhead vent wasn't blowing air like the rest.  Looking back I think that the duct probably pulled off, but judging from the ducting it's certainly possible that its overdue for replacement.  In pic you can see duct detached; but shop said it was reconnected.  In the event of a hole in the side of the duct vs disconnect, the smart thing in my mind is just plan to replace if I'm going through the hassle of pulling down headliner again.

Interestingly it doesn't look like typical SCAT or SCEET ducts in that there is a coil on the OUTSIDE of a duct that is paper thin and appears to have a middle seam.

overhead_duct.jpg.fdd4bd81e64fbcf0f60ae4a479b48a70.jpg

Does anyone know what this material is and what the length/diameter of the 4 pieces needed?  IPC lists short hose and long hose (see below), but I suspect that you could just buy a piece of SCAT/SCEET and cut to size.  Not sure how much moisture would come thought this duct but given it's ambient air perhaps SCEET is better to protect coil from moisture?

Should have measured it before but wasn't thinking...it looked pretty ratty but figured it was just air duct as "as long as it works don't worry about it."  ha

overhead_vent_IPC.png.098c64d7f1be3dbce512540664b6ce9a.png

This was the closest post I found regarding the overhead ducting diameter/length.  But if I was going for finished ends, makes sense to measure my own to make sure length/diameter is correct.  I didn't look close enough when I had the headliner down to confirm duct diameter...the link below made it seem like 1.25"/1.5" but as below I think mine are all the same diameter.  Couldn't find anything about Lara Aero Duct, but it looks like paper wrapped with a plastic coil...not so much of holes but rather seams coming unglued.

@LANCECASPER Any preference/difference between Aeroduct vs Venair vs GeeBee vs other?

20 hours ago, Marc_B said:

This was the closest post I found regarding the overhead ducting diameter/length.  But if I was going for finished ends, makes sense to measure my own to make sure length/diameter is correct.  I didn't look close enough when I had the headliner down to confirm, but this post suggests that the front seat ducting is larger diameter (1.5") than the rear seat ducting (1.25")....  Couldn't find anything about Lara Aero Duct, but it looks like paper wrapped with a plastic coil...not so much of holes but rather seams coming unglued.

@LANCECASPER Any preference/difference between Aeroduct vs Venair vs GeeBee vs other?

GEEBEE would be my first choice. This is the type of quality that Guy Ginbey does: https://www.csobeech.com/GeeBee-CoolingDuct.html

35 minutes ago, Gee Bee Aeroproducts said:

N77gb@msn.com

After 56 weeks 

I have completed a rear hatch seal mold and product 

we can mfg sceet with molded elbos

3”0r 6” drop

made in USA , not china non tso venair 

IMG_3376.png

IMG_3697.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

Do you have pricing for baggage seal? Are they made to order or do you have them on the shelf? Mine is 56 years old and while not obviously leaking is likely due for replacement. 

Guy made a great set for me and they are outstanding quality. If I did it over again it would make the body’s 1/2 inch thinner and the correct size ends to go over the fittings. Would have made it much easier to install. 
Ted

So headliner WEMAC adaptors (PN 640300-003 and 640300-004) are mirror image 90 deg elbows with duct coming off on either the left or right side of radius.  Meaning for the front ducts they are positioned (one of each) with the elbows coming off on the outside (wider) and on the back vents the elbows coming off on the inside (both 003 & 004 used in front and back but just switched left to right between the two stations).  The duct work is all the same size 1.5". The rough lengths were 9' for long and 5' for short.  But downtime for silicone end custom lengths are 3-5 weeks.  Breeze Clamp size -24.

WemacAdapter.png.b3abbb1a7c2eeba27b5a4531c3035cfb.png

On 3/1/2024 at 10:42 AM, Fly Boomer said:

Is the 3- or 6-inch drop measured on the inside or outside?  Also, how would I specify the dimension from the drop on the long side?  Thanks.

Drop is from center of the duct down , these were designed for a military contractor 

open bid , thousands of feet of duct 

GB

just say yes and your life will change as the opportunities grow.