Two Pilots Logging PIC

@Fly Boomer  If you want to be pedantic, then yes, that's EXACTLY what I was saying in two separate ways.  If you are having to travel to hundreds of cities in the US and a dozen other countries for work and your current travel plan includes regional carriers, I would assume that most of your jobs are for greater than a single day and therefore you are spending at least one night in these various cities.    If that is the case, you are having to spend the night somewhere in or around those cities.   Your greatest risk of injury or death related to your work travel in these situations is still the automobile transportation too and from your work location to the work site and the greatest risk reduction you can make for your travel is to reduce the auto travel portion of the risk.  So yes, in the first way, move every trip to a motel that is closer to the job site.     In the second way, move closer to the airport where you actually live since the drive from there to the airport is significantly more risky than the flight on the regional airlines. 

Also, if you are that afraid of the regional airlines, don't accept jobs that are not near a major city, and don't live outside of a major city.

Edited by wombat
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 2:20 AM, PeteMc said:

Actually the CFI(I) does have to be in one of the front seats.  Back in the day it was unclear, which is how the 4 person logging was justified.  But a few years ago there was an interpretation that said the CFI(I) must be in a "pilot stations" which means one of the two front seats in the majority of (all?) GA planes. 

My understanding is that is not true for Military training, but it is for Civilian/FAA.

Thanks for the update.  I am old.  Put 2 ATP’s in the back seat and all set :-)