EMPOA Membership

G-SLOT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got an uncommented refusal for membership last week from them after filling the application form twice and asking after one week for reply,

(my son already being a member). Reading this thread affirms my doubts that their board is seriously interested or capable in representing european mooney owners and pilots.

(New) members are not welcome there!

Peter Fischer, D-EMOO, M22

Edited by PFish
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard @PFish!

Sorry we haven’t been able to get a response from EMPOA at all either...

The last one above indicates they are technically challenged...

Got a pic of your M22 that you can post?

M22 are so rare the MS community loves to see them in air worthiness condition when able...

Either way... European Mooney owners and Pilots are always welcomed here...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you very much for this warm welcome, as i know now this is not the case everywhere ;).

Having criticized the empoa board i consider it fair to introduce myself and the plane.

I started flying 25 years ago, owned a V35 for some time and the M22 gets me as close to a pressurized beech single as can be. Although being hughely influenced by Bonanzas the M22 joined the advantages of Mooney and Beechcraft singles to make it superior to the Bo.

It has been almost 1 year that i bought this M22 in Switzerland where it had two previous owners, the last one for 38 years. This true Gentleman, besides being an A&P/IA, puzzeled together knocked down Bo`s out of their container crates in the seventies (another coincidence with Beechcraft, more to come). He fulfilled his personal dream with this bird after his airline career didn`t work out.

The M22 had not spent more than 5 nights outside the hangar in her life and got more tlc than the owners wife might have liked.

Presently the plane is getting a major avionics update and i hope to have her back soon.

The pic shows the plane with its old registration.

Best regards and a  merry christmas to all conquering the skies and to their families.

M22quarterview.thumb.jpeg.0c54fdd85b10db8e24fd95854ed0c437.jpeg

• Like 9

Hello Peter,

I heard from a M22 which needed transition training there from a friend of mine who is an FI. Congrats to your purchase and I do hope you get a lot of good flying time out of it. I was sorely tempted when the 2nd Swiss M22 came up for sale recently but it disappeared fast again. Or is this the one you bought out of WangenLachen? 

In any case, you own an important piece of aviation history and it is great that it will still be flying in Europe. 

I operate a M20C out of ZRH. 

Merry xmas and hope to one day be able to see this remarkable plane. 

Urs

Hello Airways,

hello Urs,

thank you both for your kind words. The plane is in good shape and i hope to find the time to attend some air shows in Europe next year. The plane was based close to ZRH and found a new home in upper Franconia. It was a quick sale.

To my knowledge only three other Mustangs flew this year, one in the US, one in Australia and another Swiss one. The whereabouts of the other planes except the two in museums are not known to me. A journalist named Stephan Wilkinson was looking for information on the airworthy survivors, but didnˋt reply to my offer. Never heard from him or his article again. Maybe this topic did not raise enough interest.

Peter

On 12/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, PFish said:

M22quarterview.thumb.jpeg.0c54fdd85b10db8e24fd95854ed0c437.jpeg

Wow,

you have a great aircraft here. I'm sure I am not the only one who would like to see more pictures and how is avionics upgrade coming along. M22 has a lot of panel space so lack of it  should not be an issue.

I know there are not many M22s are flying but few years ago someone posted on MS that he bought one, IIRC to be based in Colorado. I am not sure if he ever reported back but he had some upgrade plans for it. I'm sure you could search for posts. Then year ago someone posted a picture of on sitting on a ramp somewhere in US. It was complete but you could tell she hasn't been flow for a while.

Good luck with your plane and please report back with work progress and pictures.

I had the privilege of seeing that M22 on a stop over at Fairoaks (EGTF SW London) a few years ago. I don't think it was ever based there, probably stopping over too, but even there got pulled out of a hangar so I am sure it got well cared for. 

As President of EMPOA, the European Mooney Owners and Pilots Association, I feel obliged to reply to this topic.

First of all: sorry to all prospective members who did not get a timely response. Several reasons for that: contrary to many other aviation associations with a predominantly virtual membership, EMPOA does not employ any paid secretaries or the like to work on membership issues. All EMPOA personnel is doing the stuff on a 100% honorary basis We all have full-time work obligations and take care of a 300 member association totally in our spare time. Our chief treasurer Mr Lucks runs a tax consultancy with offices in three different towns and EMPOA membership acceptance is done by him once a month.

We have nevertheless listened to your feedback and every prospective member should now get an automated eMail that his membership request is being processed and we will get back to him/her as soon as time permits.

Regarding Peter Fischers statement: new members are always welcome and the fact that we have constantly grown our membership base and participation at club events makes us believe we are on the right path. We cannot comment publicly on the reasons for the refusal of membership to Mr Fischer. EMPOA has decided that doubts about a prospective member should better lead to refusal of membership than to possible differences at a later stage which might affect the club as a whole.

Logo_EMPOA.gif.6ecfbd96d3a4d4ec1b239c2f8bca8b71.gif

Edited by N252CG
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard,  252CG/President of EMPOA

Do you have an email or any other contact info that somebody looking for you can contact?

It is a real challenge communicating with a large group of Mooney pilots while working full time...

I gave up work to do this full time... :) (it’s called retirement)

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 2