Starting to Look for a Hangar to Assemble on site

cliffy

Needing to move to a new airport next year and I have land available for a hangar. Haven't looked at hangars since the days of Kim Lilly and Port-A-Ports in San Luis Obispo in the 70s. 
Looking for something "inexpensive" (ya I know, go ahead and laugh) like those were.
Maybe a steel package delivered to the airport or something similar. 
Any ideas? 
Going on a small private airport without a lot of unnecessary restrictions.
Going to house just one Mooney.
Looking for simple, easy and manual as there is no power available for doors, etc. 
All ideas considered :-)

Cliffy, you can buy a used hangar for penny’s on the dollar at SMO as long as it’s removed from there - which is perfect for you except for the long haul to Page. But a phone call to them should give you an idea if they have anything that would be of interest to you. Sorry I don’t recall exactly who to call, but someone here will probably know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• cliffy changed the title to Starting to Look for a Hangar to Assemble on site

I do not know if Miracle Truss is still in business.  Have a couple of them at FTG.  They used to advertise very easy construction.  You need to figure out the door before hand so they get you the right materials for the door.  They can stress the structure for a bi fold.  You may want a slider if you do not have reliable power.

Read a couple of blogs showing that the original  owner closed it down and now another someone has taken over the name with less than stellar 

reports. 

A pole barn is a possibility at @60%  of a steel building price. A fabric hangar would also work (for @ 10 years) if allowed on the airport in mind. That would be easier to erect than a steel quonset hut.  

Just a dedicated shade structure would also be a possibility, They are cheap and easy to erect and provide what I need in the area I will be in. The sun is the biggest issue where I am at. Rain secondary to that.