Garmin GDL 39 Mass buy

I just got the initial numbers back but the spreadsheet is a little confusing based on what accessories you may want, the discount is also not as good as I had hoped but it is better than retail and there will be no sales tax added to the price. as for shipping they will be given to me in PA and then i can get them shipped out to everybody (or that is the tentative plan). I will sit down later and try to decipher the different accessory packages but the basic GDL-39 3D will be $828.36.  with a battery and DC cable it is $891.00. (I am going to see if we can improve on that)

I will be sitting down later this week to work out the ordering and payment details. for those of you planning on attending the picnic this weekend you should be able to put the order in then.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the effort, but since I want the battery, at $891 I'll pass.  I can order for $899 from PCA, no sales tax, and no shipping cost.

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob, 

I agree with you on the numbers and we are going back today to get some clarification because the discount is not linear... and we were being told that the GDL-39 didn't come with any cables....there is definitely some confusion and we are trying to get it figured out.

Brian 

good news, just got word back that there was an eror when translating the data to the spread sheet i was sent:

GDL 39-3D  $ 803.25-

GDL 39 3D with battery $850.50

need to know what cable you need,  

• One of the following compatible adapter cables:
    • Power adapter
    • aera 795/796 wiring cradle
    • aera 500 series wiring cradle
    • GPSMAP 695/696 wiring cradle
    • GPSMAP 396/495/496 wiring cradle
    • Bare wire adapter cable for use with G3X and other custom applications

hope you guys like this better, I do

Brian

Not sure Marc, I can look at several options, postal flat rate or I can see if i can get it shipped from Oregon/ Idaho. now that the pricing is in we will look at shipping and payment options. anyone in the Mid Atlantic area can arrange pick up at UKT or have it shipped.

Brian

Chris,

you can go to any distributer and the prices will be:

GLD 39 3D- $849.00

GDL 39 3D with Batt. $899.00

Depending on where you get them you also may have tax and shipping.

I took a look at Fedex shipping and it looks like i can ship to CA from PA for just over $10, USPS flat rate Med box is 12.35

Brian

yes chris,

I don't totally understand the packages, but apparently  you can just buy the GDL-39 3D and it will come with out any cables. the price i gave includes the cableadditional cables are about $65.00 each and they can be ordered if some one needs more then one style cable.

Brian

The way I understand it, you buy the GDL 39 and you get 1 cable of your choosing.  The more expensive model has a battery to power the unit so you don't need ship's power.

regards

~Marc

Marc,

that was my understanding looking at the garmin web site but the retailer told me the info on the site is not totally correct. what i believe is that there is a package with just the GDL-39 and no cables available but just not advertised to consumers. it is probably aimed at those who want to upgrade their current GDL 39.

Brian

Marc,

that was my understanding looking at the garmin web site but the retailer told me the info on the site is not totally correct. what i believe is that there is a package with just the GDL-39 and no cables available but just not advertised to consumers. it is probably aimed at those who want to upgrade their current GDL 39.

Brian

The GDL-39 I bought came without cables. I think I had the option of buying them separately.

Brian,

Thanks again.  Better price, but by time I pay for shipping to Washington I don't think its enough savings to make it worth my while.  I hope I don't mess up your mass order, but I think I'll wait just awhile and order direct from Oregon.  It justs seems it will make it easier to get things straightened out if something gets messed up.

I'm also hoping they will come out with a USB power cable rather than just a lighter adapter power cable.

Thanks again, but sorry.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...