Avionics fan motor

Need help in finding a brushed motor for the avionics fan.  Original motor manufactured by TRW electronics which cross references to allied motion and or globe motors but unable to find an equivalent part number.  Original part number 19a2790 and c414007-010.  Has anyone sourced a motor off of digikey, mouser, or rs-online?

I have dis-assembled the motor, internals look good hope it just needs a cleaning to solve the mechanical noise problem.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2866.jpeg

Thank you for the responses, called allied under FAA phone number and was quoted $600 to repair.  Also, spoke with another department part can be made with a 52 week lead time and requires a request for quote.  
I think I will clean it and return it to service for now. I’ll update if I find a suitable alternative motor

50 minutes ago, Jetrn said:

Need help in finding a brushed motor for the avionics fan.  Original motor manufactured by TRW electronics which cross references to allied motion and or globe motors but unable to find an equivalent part number.  Original part number 19a2790 and c414007-010.  Has anyone sourced a motor off of digikey, mouser, or rs-online?

I have dis-assembled the motor, internals look good hope it just needs a cleaning to solve the mechanical noise problem.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the avionics blower from an M20M. I’ll be at the hangar later today and I’ll see if the motor is the same part number. It’s an 1989 vintage with over 4000 hours on it so may not be your best option. ;)

Cheers,
Rick

It is a brushed motor. I dissembled it, cleaned with contact cleaner. The brass bushings are good. Assembled it and applied a dab of Dow silicon grease to shaft end opposite of the fan.  I also removed the old rigid rubber from the mounting plate on the fan and installed the fan to the airframe with a piece of sound deadening material. Fan assembly runs significantly quieter now.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 11:29 AM, Jetrn said:

It is a brushed motor. I dissembled it, cleaned with contact cleaner. The brass bushings are good. Assembled it and applied a dab of Dow silicon grease to shaft end opposite of the fan.  I also removed the old rigid rubber from the mounting plate on the fan and installed the fan to the airframe with a piece of sound deadening material. Fan assembly runs significantly quieter now.

Those are most likely not just brass bushings, they are Oilite, which are brass bushings impregnated with oil. The oil needs to be replenished eventually (or the bushings can be replaced). I wouldn’t use any other lubrication than what they recommend.  

https://shop.hpceurope.com/docTech/an/TechCoussinetOILITE.pdf

• Like 2