Before and after... repainted!

kommers

34 minutes ago, skykrawler said:

I would look very carefully for places where the paint stripper oozed through seams into the interior spaces including the area where the wing meets the fuselage.

thank you for advice, I'll look. The guy who dod the job has over 30 years of experience so I hope he didn't goof up

2 hours ago, AndreiC said:

If it's not too much to ask (feel free to ignore) could you give us a PIREP on lead time, time it took to do the job (how long the plane was down) and how much it cost?

It was LONG. I scheduled painting in July for the end of August. I delivered the plane to them on Aug 20 and, as it turned out, they were in process of losing their shop manager and hiring another one, so plane was sitting in their shop for a good month. They actually started in the first decade of October and finished a month later. Total what I paid, including taxes, some OSHA hazard  crap, vinyl cutouts, etc was around 25K. Plus, I paid around $1000 for the painting scheme to the third party. So, my conclusions were: 1. The actual job is about 1 month  2. Prepare to pay for the vinyl cutouts that will not be in the main quote 3. Hire someone to do the scheme. 4. Deliver plane to them on nearly empty tanks because they will drain all gas from the wings before painting and you will never see your unused gas again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark89114 said:

To be honest the original paint didn't look that bad......I wish mine looked that good.

Ha! This picture was taken in 2016 when I bought the plane. Since then wings started peeling, hood lost some paint chunks as well. Since I am not young and I will see just one repainting of my Mooney in my lifetime, I decided to paint her now rather than wait for another 2-3 years as my mechanic suggested, because soon repainting job will be astronomically expensive, it is certainly headed that way...

Edited by kommers
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 11:53 AM, graham28105 said:

I remember going to look at your bird back in 2013 when it first was offered. Should have bought it. Do you still have the wood panel overlay? New paint job looks awesome.

yes, but it is a piece of rather cheap plastic that imitates wood. I was thinking many times of removing it, but as of now, it is still the face of my instrument panel

Very nice paint!

Hera another before and after…

983cf0393fff6c422de4b761a5d8ac87.jpg

685d72a11858a24a46188892cdb9cac7.jpg

9764b6b927e069c7b61f1124096fe02a.jpg

Just did my m20e a month ago.
Between customer jobs…

Wait time: zero (smile)
Duration: one week and three days after hours
Cost: I had all the Imron paint already saved for a project when it came up
Value: priceless - the fuel bladders were inspected and reconditioned and so was the fuel injection :)

Now I just need to make time to install the WAAS gps and adsb in and out :)

I may do some letter scripting on it as well - I was thinking of keeping it but I’m have my eye on something much cooler :)

• Like 1