Need a D6504 Spinner assembly

haymak3r

Hey everybody.. Yesterday, my plane went in and we started the annual. First one and my mechanic was nice enough to let me help do things. Well we were looking at the prop, and inspecting for any signs of damage, and found a crack on the spinner. Unfortunately, I have a McCauley 3 blade prop. I found the STC for this from back in 95 with my other paperwork, and found that the model of the spinner is D6504. I've been searching around, and this does seem like it is still being used on more current stc kits. I was curious if anybody had one or knew where I could find a used/new one? 

I've been searching all morning on here, and then thought about looking at my docs to then find the model number of it. I searched for that, and found 1 thread from 2019...

I figured I should start my own so I am. Adding the MSers that were mentioned for any assistance :D Thanks!!

@Alan Fox

@Jerry Pressley

@SheryLoewen

I've also messaged @Cody Stallings

32 minutes ago, haymak3r said:

Hey everybody.. Yesterday, my plane went in and we started the annual. First one and my mechanic was nice enough to let me help do things. Well we were looking at the prop, and inspecting for any signs of damage, and found a crack on the spinner. Unfortunately, I have a McCauley 3 blade prop. I found the STC for this from back in 95 with my other paperwork, and found that the model of the spinner is D6504. I've been searching around, and this does seem like it is still being used on more current stc kits. I was curious if anybody had one or knew where I could find a used/new one? 

I've been searching all morning on here, and then thought about looking at my docs to then find the model number of it. I searched for that, and found 1 thread from 2019...

I figured I should start my own so I am. Adding the MSers that were mentioned for any assistance :D Thanks!!

@Alan Fox

@Jerry Pressley

@SheryLoewen

I've also messaged @Cody Stallings

K&K Precision Welding in Wisconsin have approval for spinner welding.

Clarence

My mechanic just called me with that very thing. WHEW! We thought that there was no approved way to repair these. Thank goodness. 600+shipping there and back, and 2-3 days for the repair it sounds like. I am super interested in the repair process.. I wonder how they can tig it without subjecting the surrounding area with a bunch of heat messing with the strength. Anywho. He is packaging it up now, and will get it sent out asap. Thanks for the quick response! Crisis, hopefully obverted hehe.

I have the spinner from 3 blade McCauley that was installed on my Ovation. You pay the shipping and its yours free.

Propeller Model 3A32C418-C  I don't know the spinner model.

It's in great condition.

Edited by rgpilot
update

On 3/25/2022 at 9:40 AM, M20Doc said:

K&K Precision Welding in Wisconsin have approval for spinner welding.

Clarence

Clarence,

Is this approval for McCauley only or they can do Hartzell spinners as well? Years ago, I had cracked Hartzell on my M20F (or was it Mooney?) and was told welding was not approved.  But, IIRC, 2 cracks were allowed with standard stop drilling "repair". Eventually, I need to get replacement

3 hours ago, Igor_U said:

Clarence,

Is this approval for McCauley only or they can do Hartzell spinners as well? Years ago, I had cracked Hartzell on my M20F (or was it Mooney?) and was told welding was not approved.  But, IIRC, 2 cracks were allowed with standard stop drilling "repair". Eventually, I need to get replacement

I’m not sure if their approval is limited to certain manufacturers spinners.

Clarence