Love my Mooney, but...

RV10 surely is a fantastic and very capable airplane, but they're simply too expensive. You can buy a very good A36 or C210 for less than half the price of the RV, which leaves you with quite a bit of spare cash to spend on maintenance.

This is exactly the conclusion I came up with when looking for a four-place experimental.  I love the Velocity, the RV.. not so much.  

Maybe I will go with a TBM-650.  What do you guys think?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly the conclusion I came up with when looking for a four-place experimental. I love the Velocity, the RV.. not so much.

Maybe I will go with a TBM-650. What do you guys think?

I personally would go Pilatus. Now that's a single capable of hauling some big stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No I was not; I own a P46T and it is too tight in the front seats for my 6'2" frame. I expected the much larger PC12 to be more comfortable in pilots' seats but it is not. Great in back seats, though.

The owner of our PC-12 is 6' 4" and fits fine. Did you move the rudder pedals forward? I'm not a small guy either and I fit fine, I get to fly it from time to time. Flew it from FL to CA a while back. 

It's possible the configuration was somewhat different than ours. And there are at least 2 different cockpit seats available. Ours really does have plenty of room. However, it is difficult to "climb" into the cockpit due to the overhead panel location.