Midwest paint shops

That is in the range of the premium shops with good reputations.  ArtCraft out in CA is/was recently doing Mooneys for ~10k out-the-door when they were really looking for jobs late last year and earlier this year.  They've gotten very good reviews on this site, and if I were doing it over I might very well take a fun XC and get a commercial flight back, or perhaps even stay there during the week since they are turning them that quickly.  I used a different shop last year with a good reputation and the price was lower than 10k, but I also just had to take it back for warranty work, which wiped out some of the cost savings since I had to miss work and arrange for more ferry flights.

The best thing you can do is ask around your local area and hopefully see some examples of work after they've been flying for at least a year to see how well the paint job is holding up.  I still think we can get a very nice job for less than the 13-15k+ that the "premium" shops charge, but you'll have to really do some homework.

Another good shop is R&B Aircraft in Topeka, KS (I had mine done there).  They quoted $8.9K for a simple paint scheme or add $1K for a split base like mine.  They turned it around in 4.5 weeks and included a full strip.

http://www.rbaircrafttopeka.com/index.html

Just another option for you to consider as there are numerous shops that have great reputations.  A shop that can meet your timeline seems to be the easiest way to pick one.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I did make contact with Mozleys. They seem to be in the process of relocating. I decided to go with Sturgis Aviation in Michigan. They are closest to me and had a last minute cancellation. Plane is there now.

I will post pics soon. I appreciate everyone's help.Cool

Tell me about it.  I think I changed my mind about 15 times over the course of 45 days before sending it off to the paint shop.  Spent way to many hours online looking at other Mooney's to find something I liked, particularly the short bodied ones.  Ended up with the wave scheme by accident and think it turned out pretty good overall.  Something different for sure.

Brian