IPAD VERSUS ANDROID OR OTHERS, FOREFLIGHT ETC

jezzie

After reading all the posts, I finally decided to get return my Mini ipad 32 GB wifi and get a wifi and G4 unit, mainly because of the GPS. But I have a question, I would like to connect my iPad to my Aspen through the Connect Panel to my Jeppview AP. But i was told that for the time being only the Foreflight app would work with the Aspen... somebody knows if that will stay like that for a while????

I had a brief email conversation with the principal at WingX some months ago. He was gaging interest level in the connected panel.

To me, it seems that the interest level is one thing, but commitment is another.

If you are buying the panel equipment, contact your suppliers and let them know your preferences....

World population= big number > Pilots > IR Pilots > Plane Owners > Plane Owners with Connected Panels...= small number

How many of us have Aspens (or other) that could use the connected panel?

I would enjoy going to the plane and upload the flight plan that I made and approved the night before in the comfort of my home...

-a-

After reading all the posts, I finally decided to get return my Mini ipad 32 GB wifi and get a wifi and G4 unit, mainly because of the GPS. But I have a question, I would like to connect my iPad to my Aspen through the Connect Panel to my Jeppview AP. But i was told that for the time being only the Foreflight app would work with the Aspen... somebody knows if that will stay like that for a while????

I have been told that there are a lot of apps coming down the pipe for Aspen CP. At the moment only ForeFlight works and even that only works for sending flight plans (tuning radios not working yet).

I tell you though, I just flew IFR from Santa Fe to Seattle and selecting "Send To Aspen" from ForeFlight for a plan of 20ish waypoints sure beat the heck out of knob clicking on my 430 for 10 minutes! :)

I have been told that there are a lot of apps coming down the pipe for Aspen CP. At the moment only ForeFlight works and even that only works for sending flight plans (tuning radios not working yet).

I tell you though, I just flew IFR from Santa Fe to Seattle and selecting "Send To Aspen" from ForeFlight for a plan of 20ish waypoints sure beat the heck out of knob clicking on my 430 for 10 minutes! :)

Do you know if they have made this feature available for the GTN series? I know Aspen is having some difficulties getting control codes from Garmin for the cross over feature. Just curious on the GTN stuff.

Still nothing for GTNs - I believe Aspen is still trying to crack the code. Main reason I am going to get either an Ayidyne or Bendix King GPS unit next. Garmin does not play well with others at all - they are like the Apple of the avionics world ;-)

For me the purchase of either the mini or ipad3 is more of an economic one. I generally fly into maybe 5 airports and they are all in Texas, La and OK.. Its just cheaper to print the paper out. I would really like to have one but I am already sick of updating the 430W and having to do another well id rather not. Untill I start flying all over the place its paper for me.