M20M door seal

I have noticed an air leak at the top rear of my door. I was thinking of replacing with an inflateable seal( had one in my M20J) but the bob fields website  says m20A through m20K.

Will it fit a M20M?

Any thoughts on Knots2U seals?

Alan

N9127M

43 minutes ago, amekler said:

I have noticed an air leak at the top rear of my door. I was thinking of replacing with an inflateable seal( had one in my M20J) but the bob fields website  says m20A through m20K.

Will it fit a M20M?

Any thoughts on Knots2U seals?

Alan

N9127M

Yes it will I had one on my Bravo, I have a panel controlled one from FieldS I haven’t installed still in the box, I’d consider sending if you want.

D

I bought a factory door seal three or four years ago but never installed it, glued a strip of 1/4" hollow windlace material from the aviation isle of home depot to the straight bottom section of the door seal where there was a small leak and nursed the rest of the seal with rubber conditioner, installing the new seal is a tricky job as I hear, just did not muster the gumption since mine stopped leaking with minimum effort.

Since the door is a fragile contraption does the small inflation pressure of inflatable seal cause any warping of the door and excessive pressure on the door locks?? thoughts??

I got this done at annual last month, was able to get a field approval no issue. Frustrating to have to do that, but it wasn't a big deal. It makes a big difference in sound levels as others have mentioned. Don't have measured before/after dB readings though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 3:24 PM, PhateX1337 said:

I got this done at annual last month, was able to get a field approval no issue. Frustrating to have to do that, but it wasn't a big deal. It makes a big difference in sound levels as others have mentioned. Don't have measured before/after dB readings though.

Do you have an after?  I think I was 105 without, and will get to check again next week.