Bravo AOG, Need the Dreaded V-Band Clamp

36 minutes ago, amekler said:

Thank you

also check out Textron 

Alan 

As of July 16, 2024 Textron said October 14, 2024 was the available date for the clamp.

If you need one get in line and order one from them. People who ordered a few months ago are getting theirs' now. If you wait until October to order then it will be January, etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rmnpilot said:

I talked with GAMI. For our Bravos, they are saying about a year out due to them needing to get on the AML and doing testing.

Using the 10:1 Aviation-Time Ratio, that means a decade . . . lol.

• Like 1

Just spoke with GAMI team at OSH.   This is their new replacement clamp.   Looks stout. They said FAA is facilitating their approval process and they are “close”.   

IMG_4756.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

Said they are making them in multiple sizes for multiple aircraft.   Design is the same.  I didn’t ask if this example was the correct diameter for the Bravo.  
Multiple spring washers under the head of the cap screw to allow for expansion. Small hole on each side to safety wire the head of the cap screw.  They report no failures in their testing so far. 

If you are at OSH and want to see it, this assembly was under the table and I had to ask.   It wasnt on display although they were very happy to let me examine and take pics.  

John Paul said this is not for the TIO-540 (bravo). It’s for the turbos that they already have done work with and can add the clamps to their parts lists.   The TIO-540 clamps would be about a year out or so.  

I applaud their efforts, but I would not want to be an early adopter on a new design of something this critical to safety.

The present riveted Bravo clamp has an excellent safety record. If I still owned a Bravo I would just have an order in for a new one in case I needed it and after the newly designed clamp has been out a few years, accident-free, then I'd consider it.