Looking for a shop in Ohio.

2 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

You might look at ProAv at KPHD. They maintained the Mooney I'm flying for nearly 20 years and are currently maintaining it's replacement Mooney, an Acclaim. I was very impressed with their Mooney knowledge and experience.

That's where I went for Garmin service when I lived in WV. Ben is really good.

EDIT:  It's spelled "Clever Field" but pronounced "Cleaver." I just called it "New Philly."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vilvens24 said:

Based in KVTA

1590 AM, Ventura, CA. That's what the entire first page of search results found for "kvta" . . . . It's a difficult airplane base, and a long, long flight from Ohio.

My former shop in Ohio closed suddenly a few days ago . . . .  :(  Or I'd recommend them to you.

SkyVista Aviation at KMRT, Marysville Ohio -- about 25 NM northwest of Columbus.  They are a great full-service Mooney shop.  David Holden, who runs the place, is a Mooney owner himself and super easy to work with.  He's also an A&P, IA, and ATP.  They have something like 4 full-time A&Ps.  They've done my annuals for years and are thorough and professional, yet quite reasonably priced.  Last year they installed a zero-time Lycoming engine in my C.  

937-644-2055, mx@skyvistaaviation dot com.

SkyVista at KMRT has a good reputation with Mooneys.  There's a guy over in Zanesville that @steingar uses.  Maybe he will stop by and provide more info.  I have the folks at KOSU do most of my maintenance.  They are probably more expensive by I have known a couple of them for years since before they were at OSU.

@Vilvens24 was that the G that was tied down at OSU?  If so I know the airplane.

I've gotten kinda cool to the OSU shop.  I've had far more problems with them than I ought.  Bob Norman at the Parr Airport in Zanesville (42I) knows Mooneys and can fix near anything, I recommend him without reservation.  I've heard really good things about Dave Holden as well, though I've not yet engaged his services.  Yet.

2 hours ago, steingar said:

@Vilvens24 was that the G that was tied down at OSU?  If so I know the airplane.

I've gotten kinda cool to the OSU shop.  I've had far more problems with them than I ought.  Bob Norman at the Parr Airport in Zanesville (42I) knows Mooneys and can fix near anything, I recommend him without reservation.  I've heard really good things about Dave Holden as well, though I've not yet engaged his services.  Yet.

I'm based at OSU and had used their shop for years, but as they switched to more fleet work and higher-end aircraft, my annuals got slower, much less thorough, and much more expensive. I just couldn't seem to get them interested in working on my aircraft.  The local flying club at KOSU had the same problem. That's how I ended up trying SkyVista.  Super happy with them.