Aspen E5 install question

I fixed 90° of the initial problem... just need a few degrees more.

Definitely want to check that the panel itself is level with the plane... some old/loose rubber mounts are often to blame...

The seat tracks are used as the standard location to check L/R level...

PP blathering only, not a mechanic or instrument guy...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

A008B9AC-0D15-46F6-82B9-40AC57BFF5FD.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, carusoam said:

I fixed 90° of the initial problem... just need a few degrees more.

Definitely want to check that the panel itself is level with the plane... some old/loose rubber mounts are often to blame...

The seat tracks are used as the standard location to check L/R level...

PP blathering only, not a mechanic or instrument guy...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

A008B9AC-0D15-46F6-82B9-40AC57BFF5FD.jpeg

You know what you are talking about though.  That is the difference.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, Jason, most of us know about your attitude, in general.....LOL I got a taste of it when I was at Lasar, if you remember...LOL. TOTALLY kidding my friend.... Anyway...there are adjustments that are supposed to be done when the aircraft is level when you are setting these units up and doing configuration.  I am sorry that you are dealing with this and as a bit of advice, Aspen just came out with a new processor that is faster and better.  I just sent back 13 of the ones I have here to get the upgrade at no cost to the customer.  Maybe see if your local shop can take care of you for this as well.  It is for all Evolution MFD and PFD units.

Had no idea we knew each other. I can get upitty but don't think that was the case with my lasar purchase? Small world.

Thanks for the exchange tip. I'll hip him up to see what he can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, NJMac said:

Had no idea we knew each other. I can get upitty but don't think that was the case with my lasar purchase? Small world.

Thanks for the exchange tip. I'll hip him up to see what he can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was Feb 2018 and you called and discussed an issue you had with them and a part that was taking forever to get to you, I believe and I just took over at that time and we talked for a bit after we chatted on here and sent some email back and forth.  Small world.  Let me know if he can take care of you on that!!!!!  Be well and blue skies!!!!!

• Like 1