M20C engine gauges

Hi there!

apparently my oil temp gauge became a bit sticky.  when I cut the master off it is not always going to zero unless I tap it.  looks like it is unreliable.

I was wondering what options do I have.

I found on ebay a few used ones but most likely those are not very accurate either.

any option repairing ? other ideas?

Thanks!

post-14097-0-95326300-1435819188_thumb.j

Or it might be time for one of these:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I will second this recommendation. These factory gauges can be repaired but if you don't have an engine analyzer, it would be worthwhile to consider one that can also replace your 50 year old factory gauges.

I recently removed my working cluster gauge in favor of the JPI 900.

ac7672ce18a570267a3b694a987c51f0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Would love nothing more than to install a new dig engine monitor.  I have the same problem with my Garwin Cluster and am going to have it serviced. I called Dan at lake aero and he advised calling Kelly instruments I spoke with Nick and he provided good info as to what they do he also indicated they calibrate the gauges as part of the service.  based on Dan's recommendation I will be sending the package to them

the number is 316-945-7171 I cant remember where they are located but will find out when I get mine ready for service.

• Like 1

Basic flight training. Tapping on temp gauges can lower engine temps and can increase range by up to 25% when the technique is used on fuel gauges. and in some cases its known to actually improve oil pressure leading to longer cam shaft life. :P

• Like 1

Airparts lockhaven wanted like $2k to overhaul

Kelley Instruments of Wichita wanted somewhere between $100 to $150 to fix and calibrate each gauge, but will not issue certification.  Since I only had problem with 1 or 2 gauges, I ended shipping it to them.  I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Airparts lockhaven wanted like $2k to overhaul

Kelley Instruments of Wichita wanted somewhere between $100 to $150 to fix and calibrate each gauge, but will not issue certification.  Since I only had problem with 1 or 2 gauges, I ended shipping it to them.  I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Thanks!

Yes please, let us know how it goes