Fuel selector placard

Got tired of the dirty stickers marking the settings for my fuel selector, so thought I would try out FrontPanelExpress and make a new one. Result is attached. I am pretty pleased with result but took some trial and error with paper printouts from FrontPanelExpress software to get the holes in right places. I swear they were done by sight without a template back in 1965. Pic is before cleaning up the plastic underneath.

Have started making some other placards to clean up the interior a bit more. Just did another for cowl flaps.

Rodney

post-6915-0-78821000-1365957143_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Like it! Thanks for sharing. I was not aware of Front Panel Express. Good resource. How much did it cost you in the end?

About 60 bucks shipped. Price very dependent on material, number and type of lettering, colors of letter infill, number of tooling changes, powdercoating, material thickness, etc. Options seem limitless. The software calculates the price realtime so you can see what effect changes have on total. I could make it between about 40 and almost a hundred. This was a little more expensive because of weird shape (I made outside shape in a Freeware CAD program and imported outline). Simple shapes and placards can be done in the FrontPanelExpress software directly.

I will be making some placards for overhead lights and vent knobs next....

Rodney

• 4 months later...

About 60 bucks shipped. Price very dependent on material, number and type of lettering, colors of letter infill, number of tooling changes, powdercoating, material thickness, etc. Options seem limitless. The software calculates the price realtime so you can see what effect changes have on total. I could make it between about 40 and almost a hundred. This was a little more expensive because of weird shape (I made outside shape in a Freeware CAD program and imported outline). Simple shapes and placards can be done in the FrontPanelExpress software directly.

I will be making some placards for overhead lights and vent knobs next....

Rodney

Rodney can you share the file for that?  I was just going to redo all my placarding with frontpanel and that could save me a bit of time.

Thanks.

• 6 years later...
17 hours ago, TJSuper21 said:

Hi Rodney,

I know this is a long shot however, do you happen to have the file you sent to front panel express to manufacture the fuel switch template?

Best Regards,

Tony

All the rage these days is vinyl printers for the home.    

20151206_110315.jpg