Texas Area Paint

Txbyker

Mena Arkansas is not too far away and they have multiple paint shops there. When I decided to paint, I flew to Mena and interviewed several shops. Finally settled on Doug Blair at Mena Aircraft Painting. Very good cost to quality ratio. Haven't regretted it, now 8 years later.

Mena Arkansas is not too far away and they have multiple paint shops there. When I decided to paint, I flew to Mena and interviewed several shops. Finally settled on Doug Blair at Mena Aircraft Painting. Very good cost to quality ratio. Haven't regretted it, now 8 years later.

Take a look at the Pre-J forum. I just got from using Doug and Rhonda at Mena. First class job..My album has lots of pics. GL with whoever you decide. Just make sure they are reputable.

How do you get from Mena and back out there to pick it up? It seems to be about 3 hours from everywhere (FSM, TXK, LIT)

To get it there I hired a pilot from Mena to pick mine up. They had a plane headed this way for a delivery. The pilot I hired hitched a ride and flew it back to Mena ($300) he charged me. Doug and Rhonda know him well. He ferry flies pretty steady.

I had a buddy fly me to Mena from Dyer and covered his fuel and a tossed him some cash for a night out to eat. It cost me more to get it than it did to hire the pilot. I think between getting it there and picking it the total was about a grand by the time I filled everyone's tank and time.