Chicago Skyline at Night

natdm

Got to get out and touch the skyline!  This is believe it or not is on a IFR clearance into 06C (East to West over top of ORD) when I was commuting between 47N and Chi town.  At 0230 they let you do anything.

image.jpeg.e02bf89a4e2e5480ae470116582f01eb.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, M20F said:

Got to get out and touch the skyline!  This is believe it or not is on a IFR clearance into 06C (East to West over top of ORD) when I was commuting between 47N and Chi town.  At 0230 they let you do anything.

That’s amazing! I wanted to get closer. I should have just asked for vectors past it. They were super chill at 11pm

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 4:25 PM, LANCECASPER said:

Great views!! 

Two of my favorite landings were at Meigs Field back in the 80's. (January of 1988 in a C-172 and August of 1989 in a Grumman Tiger)

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/day-shut-down-meigs-field-180952788/

It is a damn shame what Daly did.  The "park" is little used vs. "THE" GA destination to fly into. C'est la vie.

2 hours ago, Echo said:

It is a damn shame what Daly did.  The "park" is little used vs. "THE" GA destination to fly into. C'est la vie.

I have Meigs in my logbook. Landed there a week after I bought my first Mooney in July of 84

• Like 2