Valuation Guide: Mooney Pre-201 2024 Version

EDIT 6/21/2024. More than 150 guides emailed so far. Getting a lot of good feedback. I decided to add photos to the guide this time and I think it made a HUGE difference.

EDIT 6/18/2024. The guide is ready to go. It turned out to be over 50 pages once I added photos and it totals 17,541 words. Owners can email me (address below) and I will send a free copy. Non-Mooney owner's cost will be $35. We will work out details through email.

I am getting the 2024 Mooney Pre-201 Valuation Guide proofed at this time and hope to be able to send it out in the next week to 10 days. The guide is FREE for Mooney owners. It currently sits at 27 pages of Mooney history and value information as it pertains to the Mooney Models M20C / E / F / G. It will lead you through the process that I use when I talk to owners about putting a price on their aircraft.  I know quite a few of you got the guide back in 2019 and I still get requests for it now (I got a lot of good feedback on the last one.

Here is how Mooney owners get it:  email me at jimmy@gmaxamericanaircraft.com and just put 'Value Guide' in the subject line. Either in the subject line or in the body, give me your tail number. If you are not a Mooney owner, you can also email and I can tell you a little more about the guide and tell you how to get one. 

I plan on getting the M20J and M20K guides out by the end of July and then an M20M and M20R guide out at some point in the late summer or early fall.

Thanks everyone!  Jimmy

Edited by jgarrison
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 6/8/2024 at 3:05 PM, jgarrison said:

I am getting the 2024 Mooney Pre-201 Valuation Guide proofed at this time and hope to be able to send it out in the next week to 10 days. The guide is FREE for Mooney owners. It currently sits at 27 pages of Mooney history and value information as it pertains to the Mooney Models M20C / E / F / G. It will lead you through the process that I use when I talk to owners about putting a price on their aircraft.  I know quite a few of you got the guide back in 2019 and I still get requests for it now (I got a lot of good feedback on the last one.

Here is how Mooney owners get it:  email me at jimmy@gmaxamericanaircraft.com and just put 'Value Guide' in the subject line. Either in the subject line or in the body, give me your tail number. If you are not a Mooney owner, you can also email and I can tell you a little more about the guide and tell you how to get one. 

I plan on getting the M20J and M20K guides out by the end of July and then an M20M and M20R guide out at some point in the late summer or early fall.

Thanks everyone!  Jimmy

Jimmy,

Thank you for all of the effort you have to put into these guides. I used the information extensively when I was buying and it made things much easier for me to wrap my head around all of the different nuances of the different planes I was looking at. The benefit was well worth the few dollars of cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoundTwo said:

Jimmy,

Thank you for all of the effort you have to put into these guides. I used the information extensively when I was buying and it made things much easier for me to wrap my head around all of the different nuances of the different planes I was looking at. The benefit was well worth the few dollars of cost.

Thank you. It is both fun and challenging to produce. Glad you found it useful!

• Like 2

Jimmy, your latest guide is far more useful than those menu-style "valuation" calculators. Yours takes into account the special aspects of value that only apply to Mooneys - such as the state of the donuts - and does so in a thorough and thoughtful way.  Using your guide to come up with a REAL value for a particular Mooney will take maybe half an hour rather than 3 minutes, but going into all the details means that the resultant number is going to be realistic and not arbitrary.

Many thanks!!

Received my guide Jimmy.  IMO this IS the definitive price guide for Vintage Mooney Aircraft.  I would 100% use as both a seller and potential buyer.  Thanks Jimmy!

19 hours ago, Bob E said:

Jimmy, your latest guide is far more useful than those menu-style "valuation" calculators. Yours takes into account the special aspects of value that only apply to Mooneys - such as the state of the donuts - and does so in a thorough and thoughtful way.  Using your guide to come up with a REAL value for a particular Mooney will take maybe half an hour rather than 3 minutes, but going into all the details means that the resultant number is going to be realistic and not arbitrary.

Many thanks!!

It takes a little time and there is much more to the valuation than most people think. Thanks for the good words.  Jimmy