bose/lemo connector

Ulysse

• Ulysse changed the title to bose/lemo connector
3 hours ago, Ulysse said:

My plane has a bose connector on both the pilot and copilot side (picture attached)
I wonder if this was factory installed ? Where can I find the electrical wiring ?

lemo_bose.jpg

I had a '97 Encore and on the factory invoice it showed a Bose headset with interface installed and it looked just like yours. 

N40FM FACTORY INVOICE.jpg

2 hours ago, Ulysse said:

I meant, how is it wired in the Mooney?

The reason I am asking is that since I replaced the audio panel, i cannot hear if I use the lemo plug. I can however transmit. 

If it worked before you replaced the audio panel, I would talk to the people that replaced your audio panel

The drawing shows the Lemo wired in parallel with the jacks (more common).  I see a switch on your installation, so either it is a many pole double throw, or a SPDT switch that controls a relay.

And (unfortunately) I can see an avionics technician not understanding this and running a new wire from the audio panel to the jacks / Lemo.

When you say you can't hear, are you talking about the sidetone when transmitting or the audio from the radio?  Or both?

Aerodon

The switch is just for the mic circuit. Otherwise both the standard and Lemo are wired in parallel. You should be able to hear the radio regardless of the switch setting. You will only hear your own mic if the switch is in the proper position. 

If you never connected both bose and standard you would not need the switch. But if you have a bose headset and a separate mic for an O2 mask you would need the switch.

Edited by larryb
  • Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, Aerodon said:

I was debating whether I should install both Lemo and jacks, now you have given another reason (O2 mask mic).  And just this morning my friend called to borrow my Bose A20's because his failed and he needs a Lemo headset.

Don

This also works for an oxygen mask mic if you only have lemo plugs.

https://www.pilot-usa.com/pa-100b.html

• Thanks 1

The switch is just for the mic circuit. Otherwise both the standard and Lemo are wired in parallel. You should be able to hear the radio regardless of the switch setting. You will only hear your own mic if the switch is in the proper position. 

If you never connected both bose and standard you would not need the switch. But if you have a bose headset and a separate mic for an O2 mask you would need the switch.

Actually mine works beautifully without the switch. Bose is always plugged into Lemo and when I am using my mask, i have the mask mike plugged in as well. All i need to do additionally is change the squelch higher for mask, but my bose isn’t adding any nose.
I assume both mike inputs are wired in parallel but i didn’t install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk