How many non Mooney owners are here ?

patriot3300

On 6/25/2021 at 11:10 PM, carusoam said:

Stephan,

You are sure to fit in…

Do you know @A64Pilot?  He is often supplying pertinent details picked up from his time at AirTractor…

We have a few/several people who have done time at the Mooney factory… including engineers

We also claim some children whose parents spent time there…

If you have seen Boots on the Ground, the Mooney story…. Mitch and Jolie are around here separately and often….

Not sure how many Cessna tail draggers we have around here…  but a couple of C140s and a C195 with the radial….

Some companies change ownership….  But the people you get to work with will probably outlive most companies…

Always maintain friendships…. You never know when you will see them again… :)

I think I counted five or so acquisitions of companies I worked for… it takes practice to come out the other end with your sanity intact…

We have a few aero-engineers that are Mooney owners in KS, and in CT…

All from fuzzy memory….

Best regards,

-a-

Carusoam,

I was at the first showing of Boots on the Ground at the Dugosh hangar.  Really neat! There is another engineer at Air Tractor that used to work for Mooney and I let him borrow my Boots on the Ground DVD.  He also thought it was very cool and good to remember the faces he used to work with.  

Yes, it is a very small world/industry.  I have discovered mutual acquaintances and connections at/between each of the three aircraft companies I have worked for (Mooney, Stratos Aircraft in Central Oregon, and now Air Tractor).  Oshkosh seems to be where we usually all bump into each other.  I agree that is is already good to maintain friendships!  

Stephan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

@MooneyMitch   Check out the nice words about Boots above…. :)

Best regards,

-a-

Lots of deep emotions surfaced with Stephan’s very kind words on the premier of Boots! Thank you Anthony for noting this.

I could expound for quite sometime on that memory. One memory that really comes to the forefront was Bill Wheats words to us after the movie was over that evening......he said  “I had no idea there would be so much of me in the movie”.  You are the inspiration for the entire project, I told him!!  Such a humble man Bill was.

I think the whole town of Kerrville was there that night!  
Most special it all was!! 

• Like 1