The Mooney Flyer

rocketman

Since the inception of The Money Flyer way back from May 2012, I have read every single magazine online. Each edition has fresh information and tips and techniques which are timely and appropriate for the beginning Mooney owners as well as the most experienced pilots.  This is a product of the hard work of Phil Corman from California. And the reason I recognize him is because, like us at the Mooney Summit, he provides his product completely for free. Yeah, he might get a few dollar from advertising, but not nearly enough to defray the cost of the man hours this requires. He and Jim work on the magazine full time and has about 10 contributors to help in the contents. This is no easy job. Especially when you have another job to do so he can pay the costs of producing The Flyer. Speaking with Phil today, he thinks like Mike and I. We love the Mooney community and love to make better pilots through education. So keep up the good work Phil and keep making the job of flying Mooney's more interesting, safer, and entertaining.

Ron Dubin

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2017 at 5:30 PM, Danb said:

Great job I read it religiously 

+1 Great work Phil, Jim, greatly appreciated!

I just wish you could get Jimmy Garrison to update the "Cool New Mooney Value Calculator". Vintage Mooneys often now have Aspens with SV, Traffic, GPSS, STEC APs, Speed Brakes, Top Props, AOAs, FS510s, ADS-B, etc,etc. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

I just wish you could get Jimmy Garrison to update the "Cool New Mooney Value Calculator". Vintage Mooneys often now have Aspens with SV, Traffic, GPSS, STEC APs, Speed Brakes, Top Props, AOAs, FS510s, ADS-B, etc,etc. :rolleyes:

I like his calculator, it says my C is worth > 70 AMU.  :lol:  Any interested buyers?

Careful what you wish for Bob, your has bladders :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

For those who enjoy leisurely continuous learning and becoming a more knowledgeable pilot, a fun way is through the "Mooney Flyer". It can be found online at http://themooneyflyer.com/.

This is a free publication through the hard work of Phil Corman/Jim Price. As you might expect the reading is very Mooney specific.

The Jan 2018 issue has a very nice review of V speeds and a inadvertent stall discussion at different phases of flight.

It really is some fun reading!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, L. Trotter said:

For those who enjoy leisurely continuous learning and becoming a more knowledgeable pilot, a fun way is through the "Mooney Flyer". It can be found online at http://themooneyflyer.com/.

This is a free publication through the hard work of Phil Corman/Jim Price. As you might expect the reading is very Mooney specific.

The Jan 2018 issue has a very nice review of V speeds and a inadvertent stall discussion at different phases of flight.

It really is some fun reading!

+1