Interior Plastics?

D90W

Does anyone know of a good source for interior plastics? I have a '66 M20E with some pretty worn out interior molds, especially the floorpiece between the front seats - currently being held together with duct tape. I found Vantage Plane Plastics (planeplastics dot com) and the price for a single piece of plastic is $124. That's likely the cheapest I'll be able to find, but just curious if anyone knows of other options out there.

Hello D90W and welcome to MooneySpace. 

During our visit to the MAPA convention in Colorado Springs this year, we discovered that Bruce Jaeger of Wilmar Aviation fame has partnered with another company that refubishes/restores Mooney interior plastic panels.  From what we saw of the product, it looks like a winner!!

Read about the interior panels at www.jaegeraviation.com  You can also contact Bruce at bruce@jaegeraviation.com

Quote: Mitch

Hello D90W and welcome to MooneySpace. 

During our visit to the MAPA convention in Colorado Springs this year, we discovered that Bruce Jaeger of Wilmar Aviation fame has partnered with another company that refubishes/restores Mooney interior plastic panels.  From what we saw of the product, it looks like a winner!!

Read about the interior panels at www.jaegeraviation.com  You can also contact Bruce at bruce@jaegeraviation.com

One note about that floor piece that goes between the seats: If yours is broken and tattered as mine was, you might not have a good template to trim the new one. More trimming was required than I'd anticipated to allow for the seats to go back into the tracks, and for the Johnson bar. I can take photos in case you need them.

When I replaced my carpeting (used Airtex), it came with a center strip that goes between the seats.  I trimmed it for all of the places that needed it and looks much better.  I took out the old plastic center piece and threw it in a box.  No interference with the Johnson Bar, although I did make the cut at the base of the J-Bar a little longer after the first flight.  Couldn't test it in the paint shop...Wink

I'm also interested in the new product coming out form Jaeger Aviation.  Mine needs an upgrade, but I don't want to hassle with the cutting, fitting, and drilling of the Vintage Plane Plastic stuff.  This sounds like a better upgrade with no screws.

Brian

post-401-13468139042739_thumb.jpg

post-401-13468139043925_thumb.jpg